When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

India. Anyone Ever Worked/lived There?

mastrmindalliance

Kolkata & Chennai maybe on the same coastline but they're vastly different from each other, much like the rest of the country

I haven't been there in over a decade so my opinions may be outdated

Is there anything specific you'd like to know ?

As for controlled substances everything is available to everyone as long as they're willing to pay

Man o man,times must be tough if you are actually considering this. I highly doubt you would stay long.

Though Toronto can seem like India at times,i guess.

Not at all, in fact compared to you guys, times are exceptional. :)

I just have itchy feet and the role is quite a step up.

I'll admit india has never been on the list prior to this.

The job is a top ranking role in a huge and forward thinking global media company. They have a huge presence in the UK/US and SE Asia region. The title is prestigious, the money matches the title.

Don't worry, i'm trying to convice myself as well :p

There'll be a bunch of written info arriving today, then a big and reasonably quick decision to make.

Wow..

I have relocated to different countries and have no problems traveling, but I don't think I would ever consider a move to India. I guess a visit could be nice, but living in a 3rd would country would probably be hard to get used to. I can't even spend a few hours in Brampton without going nuts.

I've been to Bangalore. Even if I had no obligations to anyone other than myself, I'd not be able to move there permanently though.

However I would definitely say that moving to India, China, or parts of South America would be economically expedient moves in terms of future wealth accumulation potential, if coming from many first world countries such as the USA, the Euro Zone, among many others.

I get the feeling that most of the respondents to this thread are 'older' and already set in their lives & careers so moving to a 3rd world destination may not seem that attractive a proposition

Yet if you're young and seeking adventure, India is not an experience to be missed.

And being that the remuneration package is second to none, you'll find that your dollar still goes a mighty long way when you're out there

Thanks for all the input guys. I haven't accepted the position citing relocation and commencement timeframe. A very real reason that wouldn't allow me to train a successor in my current position.

Hopefully this will endear me as loyal rather than forego me from future opportunities with them.

BTW, the missus, who's currently in Singapore, was totally anti hehe. The above is still my reason, not an excuse.

Gotta listen to the wifey mate :p

Yeah, I was telling a mate i need 6 weeks to quit and train my successor here, two weeks to relocate and another 2 weeks to convince the missus. But the last might might blow out.

You will have a nice house, a cook, a house keeper and a driver. Might have some benefits. And if it is an Expat assignment it won't last for ever.

Usil

*Joke deleted.* Though it wasn't racial or cultural, someone super sensitive could have taken it the wrong way . :)