When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little Odd Project. Gen T-39 In A 16610 Pvd Noob Case

Ephry73

Just thought I'd give this a try. Fits well. Not I can build a weird hybrid PVD Sub. The gen had a cracked side so I trimmed about 3mm off to make it flat and still retain the big dome.

Not sure what dial to go with. Can use a 5513 dial, or a 16610 1000m/330ft one and use the date as well as the Hangzu movement with correct datewheel.

Ideas will help.

DSC_0568-1.jpg

DSC_0569-1.jpg

DSC_0570-1.jpg

Honestly, what I'd do is find a blank dial and print my name on it, or something. That's a cool custom Sub, but I'd go homage, not rep.

To each his own, though, it's your watch. Have fun. Cool build.

EDITED TO ADD: if you don't feel like finishing it, I'll take it. I'll throw a 21j in it, custom dial it and give it to my wife for her field watch. She's a geologist. I already have a black and green NATO to put it on.

I do have a blank DG dial with matte finish and "light cream" markers much like the sub dial in the picture. Need to put the bezel on it and see. I have a Tan NATo for it, but black and green will go.

Just wanted to let everyone know, that if you do have any "cracked" T39 or super domed T-19s you can still salvage them by doing something like this.

E

It actually is the same OD as the crystal that it came with. With the gasket it fit as tight as original(had to use the presser to get it in there) and just for safety I added GS glue to ensure water tightness. I cannot make a watch that I have to baby all the time. I surf, I swim, I work on cars and I don't wear umbrellas. I need to have a watch that I can at least snorkel with. I have a 40mm 16610 seadweller PVD case that I am working on, and this one also has a domed crystal, but that one is mineral. The T-39 is nice and just enough magnification to make it interesting. So if you broke one while installing it, don't throw it away. :D

I was thinking this watch would look ridiculous(in a good way) in one of Eric's leather aged NATO straps also. Tanned will do for now.

E

• 2 weeks later...

Working on finishing the watch tonight or tomorrow. Update:

Sterile dial with date window from an Invicta 8926c and champagne date wheel.

Dome crystal has been swapped for flat one with cyclops.

Black NATO

Fat font bezel insert

Pics when complete

E

• 4 years later...