When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old school PAM rep... help needed to identify

yadda

This baby has been in my collection since 2005, I believe... or possibly even 2004 (??)

Since I no longer have emails from the original transaction, I've been wracking by brain trying to figure out who I bought it from and more importantly, what this model/version is.

IIRC, it came from a dealer on the TRC forum. Initially, I was under the impression it came from EL and that it was a 111.

However, I've been advised by a gracious fellow member that 111's only came in sandwich and not the sausage flavor of dial.

Now I'm not even sure it is an EL Pam :g:

The pics aren't great, but I think adequate enough for ID'ing.

TIA

post-3542-0-29260700-1317135186.jpg

post-3542-0-49822400-1317135209.jpg

post-3542-0-34559500-1317135224.jpg

When I saw this question I thought if there was one person on this forum who could answer that question...it is w0lf.... Blinding !!

A truely great source of information and a great guy :)

I think it's preE/P/C :)

You should be able to remove the foil stickers from the movement but I wouldn't bother. I should probably note that overall this model isn't quite accurate by today's standards but it has 2 things that are quite good. They are the dial, which while comes with the low-bar A's in LMP text is still very nice and has good LSL spacing from 6 o'clock and decent markers but needs to be relumed in order to be properly enjoyed. Case on this model is the second good bit, great I should say, while not quite suitable for a contemporary PAM its midcase is the closest to PreA OP6500 caseset the rep factories produced. The bezel is not the best but it's possible it can be swapped for a more appropriate profile one from newer models.

If this were up to me, I'd build an FGD dialed PAM PreA02 using the caseset, movement and sapphire from this watch (A/R stripped). You'll also need to source a crown and CG- T48 or DSN's NB crown & tube and Sead1999's crownguard, Jakob or DSN caseback (budget option) round out the package nicely. If the PreA02 dials are nowhere to be found you may be able to find a LOGO dial instead which can with a proper caseback will turn the same watch into a PreV 5218-209.

Your watch contains a really great movement particularly if it is swiss. This movement was the Caliber: OP II Base Movement: ETA 6497/2 and was used in the A-D series.

The movement the F series should be the same as the 1950 engraved Calibre OP XI.

111back2_50percent.jpg

So your watch is more of a 001 variant all bar the case back. I’m not sure if you want to go through the palaver of making it a pre-V/A and still having a possibly incorrect movement.

Unfortunately as far as I am aware the only watch that had a display case back for this movement was the 036 MM SE in Titanium

There is a really nice D series 001 here and here

1056745.jpg

My suggestion would be to see if you can get a solid caseback for a C or D series from DSN or if you want to spend $ then Jakob.

1_3.jpg

pam001c7.jpg

You can then sell the F series caseback . You would then have a pretty correct watch with the correct movement. Get a gen strap and all will be sweet

Your watch contains a really great movement particularly if it is swiss. This movement was the Caliber: OP II Base Movement: ETA 6497/2 and was used in the A-D series. The Movement should be the same as the 1950 engraved Calibre OP XI.

Unfortunately as far as I am aware the only watch that had a display case back for this movement was the 036 MM SE in Titanium

I thought that movment looked like the one in the original Josh 36.