When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How is the PAM176?

PPN

Don't hear much about this model around these parts. I was wondering if there are any owners who have this rep and could comment? How's the accuracy of the Ti color, lume, CG, etc. Do the reps also come with a Ti tang buckle like gen?

Thanks.

I've had a 176 for a few months now. CG is perfect, no gap at all between the CG and the pin(?). The Ti effect is 1:1 to the gen as far as I can tell and the lume is excellent. After wearing mine for a while I went into an AD and tried the gen on and couldn't really tell any difference.

They are supposed to come with a Ti buckle but for some reason I got a steel one. Didn't bother doing anything about it as I had a deployant waiting to go on it.

If I were to purchase again I think I'd go down the 177 route just because I think the dial needs the seconds at 9 but overall I really like it.

H Factory 176 is awesome. Switched to an aftermarket platinum movement from josh, and slapped it on a Kain dark brown strap. Lume is excellent, CG contruction is good, crystal is clear with a slight blue tint.

Sold it to a friend who gave me an offer I cant refuse. I wouldnt mind building another one. Between a 176 and a 177 i would go with the Base model. Same everything but a much simpler dial.

I've had a 176 for a few months now. CG is perfect, no gap at all between the CG and the pin(?). The Ti effect is 1:1 to the gen as far as I can tell and the lume is excellent. After wearing mine for a while I went into an AD and tried the gen on and couldn't really tell any difference.

They are supposed to come with a Ti buckle but for some reason I got a steel one. Didn't bother doing anything about it as I had a deployant waiting to go on it.

If I were to purchase again I think I'd go down the 177 route just because I think the dial needs the seconds at 9 but overall I really like it.

I agree. Just that I already have a 111, and I thought a non seconds model would be good variety.

It's the H version you want. Trusty, Angus, Josh, Robert and other trusted dealers have it. I got mine from Andrew but they are all selling the same watch.

Thanks. That's the information I needed.

Just bought a gen 176 and have to say, comparing an H factory 177 after having the crown spacing, crown and CG mods (H factory reps still need some love) by Oncyte. I have to say, at a glace I couldn't tell the difference. Nor could my AD though he wouldn't think to ask ; ) Will be picking it up this or the following week and will post side by side pics.

I would pick up an H Factory 176, haven't seen one but would expect it to be comparable to the 177, send it to a modder for a gen crown $100 or a little more, crown spacing and a GOOD modder to some CG mods. After that you won't get called on it unless you show someone the movement ; ) Some will disagree but they have been looking at waaaaaaaaaaay to many gen pics. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

c

Just bought a gen 176 and have to say, comparing an H factory 177 after having the crown spacing, crown and CG mods (H factory reps still need some love) by Oncyte. I have to say, at a glace I couldn't tell the difference. Nor could my AD though he wouldn't think to ask ; ) Will be picking it up this or the following week and will post side by side pics.

I would pick up an H Factory 176, haven't seen one but would expect it to be comparable to the 177, send it to a modder for a gen crown $100 or a little more, crown spacing and a GOOD modder to some CG mods. After that you won't get called on it unless you show someone the movement ; ) Some will disagree but they have been looking at waaaaaaaaaaay to many gen pics. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

c

Really good info, C, thanks.

Mine just arrived today. On the whole I have to say I'm quite pleased, although the rubber straps could have a better fit (barely fits through tang).

One question: is the crystal supposed to be so domed, such that there is distortion when viewed at more than 45 degrees)? How's it like on the gen?

Mine just arrived today. On the whole I have to say I'm quite pleased, although the rubber straps could have a better fit (barely fits through tang).

One question: is the crystal supposed to be so domed, such that there is distortion when viewed at more than 45 degrees)? How's it like on the gen?

It sounds like you're seeing the half moon effect which is how it's supposed to look. No worries about that.