When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2892 Running Fast

thelawnmowerman

The Zigmeister

I was hoping you could help me out with my problem,

I have an FM conquistador alledgedly swiss ETA2892, which is running 2 minutes fast in 6 hours,

how far dare I turn the adjusting screw , (I assume I must turn it to the minus ),can I turn it outside the confines of the scale printed around it, EG maybe a full turn.

Thanks in advance

Ziggy

I was hoping you could help me out with my problem,

I have an FM conquistador alledgedly swiss ETA2892, which is running 2 minutes fast in 6 hours,

how far dare I turn the adjusting screw , (I assume I must turn it to the minus ),can I turn it outside the confines of the scale printed around it, EG maybe a full turn.

Thanks in advance

The screw is for fine regulation, about + - 20 seconds per DAY...you need to have a watchmaker put it on a timing machine and see what the problem is...it could be out of beat or in need of service...

Fast running watches are normally those needing to be serviced, old or no oil equals friction, more friction means less power from the mainspring to the balance, less power, equals smaller swings, smaller swings equals a fast running watch...

RG

• 1 month later...