When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw 1665 Mods Done

kingkitesurf

:D Thanks guys. Yeah my improvised crystal press has cost me $4,50 and works better than I had hoped for. The sewer plastic connection ring had an exact 32mm innerring and is extremely thick strong plastic. It even clicks on the metal crystal ring... Lucky shot (I wanted to cut a hole in wood first). The gen #39 really looks much better. I now will take on my DRSD and make the gen #39 superdome fit... Wonder how that will look...

It looks as if the gen crystal magnifies a little better and has a deeper color spread... Just makes the watch so much more intense and realistic. I noticed it today since some people took a long stare at the watch... before they never did it so obvious. I think gen crystal is by far the mod with the biggest bang for the buck.

The caseback engraving look fake out of the box. They are laseretched and black filled. To tight and clean... Getting rid of just the black paint leaves a straight engraving. You have to rough it up a little and repolish the caseback. Here is a pic of the standard caseback (right) and the redone one (left). Underneath you see a gen.

137946-17719.jpg

137946-17720.jpg