When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM312 L Best Edition V2 or PAM111 M Noob Best Edition

panermaniac

Hi, I think I actually might be going crazy.

I spend so much of my time looking at pictures of these two watches.

I think they are both excellent examples but I'm wondering what the pros say about them.

What do you think about the different movements? As you can see from my avatar, I know what the auto movement is supposed to look like and the tells don't really bother me. Is the 7750 28,800bph or 21,600bph?

What about the 6497? Are there any glaring inconsistencies?

Is it even right to compare the movements or are they apples and oranges?

Are there other factors that would influence your decision?

Which would you buy and why?

Thanks guys, I always appreciate your input

iAn

Neither are accurate.... its really a matter of which you personally prefer... as yes they are uncomparable in that sense

If it is something that will concern you always go closed CB...

For example some guys make a big thing about the 6497 CDG engravings on the plates but to be honest anybody else that can spot these as fake will notice a hell of a lot more thats incorrect about that rep movement... its like worrying about the position of the LSML when the A and R are off in Panerai, the lume is wrong and the indices are too thick etc etc

A6497-1 = 21600 bph Lo Beat

A6497-2 = 25500 bph Hi Beat

A7750 = 28800 bph Hi Beat

A7750b1 = 21600 bph Lo Beat

I really suggest you read more yourself from the forum mate as this is a big big set of questions.... I dont mean dont ask I just mean try and streamline the nature of the questions.. :)

A6497-1 = 21600 bph Lo Beat

A6497-2 = 25500 bph Hi Beat

A7750 = 28800 bph Hi Beat

A7750b1 = 21600 bph Lo Beat

Isn't the A6497-1 18.8k and the A6497-2 21.6k? I'd swear my PAM 183 Swiss is slower that 21.6k and was claimed to be a Swiss low-beat.

I have both. The 312 has turned into a business or wear to work watch. I have have it on a gen gator and the date comes in very handy at work. It feels dressier than the 111M which has turned into more of a weekend or evening watch along with my 177M. I don't need to know the date on weekends or evenings. :) I love all three.

Thanks for your help boys. I appreciate it.

@Pete. Good info and suggestions. I have done a lot of reading and researching but it seems that the more I do, the more I sometimes become confused. Well, maybe not confused, when I read about one model, i want only it. Then I read about the other and then I want only it. I guess I should buy both 

Thanks again

I am in a similar situation as I want to have both but can only buy one at the moment.

I'm leaning toward the 312 actually 328 with the metal band and will get the 111 at a later time.

You can't go wrong either way as both are nice watches. You just have to decide which you want first.

I have both a Luminor case (111) and a mini-fiddy Luminor style case (328), and trust me: as soon as you get the 328 on your wrist, you will never yearn for another watch :

I have some breitlings I keep for special occasions, but after the 328 i am totally a one-watch guy :)

and trust me: as soon as you get the 328 on your wrist, you will never yearn for another watch :

I have some breitlings I keep for special occasions, but after the 328 i am totally a one-watch guy :)

Dont trust him.... he is mad I tell you.... mad....

Blasphemer !!

Have you learnt nothing of the code.... clearly not.....

A pox upon yee...

:)

Hahaha the code! SORRY!

For my transgressions, my punishment shall be death by suffocation in the ample bosoms of a virgin... :)

I am in a similar situation as I want to have both but can only buy one at the moment.

I'm leaning toward the 312 actually 328 with the metal band and will get the 111 at a later time.

You can't go wrong either way as both are nice watches. You just have to decide which you want first.

I have the 312L and it's my favorite watch so far.

Sent from GreenHornet's iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

You guys are really tempting me to buy the 312/328.

One thing that I am concerned about this watch is the 7750 movement.

Any of you guys concerned?

I guess there are some legit concerns about the A7750's......... however, I have the 312L and the 288K and they both run like champs so far with no issues what so ever. Got them both from Angus at PureTime Watch. Been running strong with a decent power reserve for close to 10 months so far with zero problems. I do have my watches on a winder when not being used, so I would like to think that helps some with keeping the watches in smooth running order.

I also follow all the usual recommendations for safely operating the 7750's.

I guess there are some legit concerns about the A7750's......... however, I have the 312L and the 288K and they both run like champs so far with no issues what so ever. Got them both from Angus at PureTime Watch. Been running strong with a decent power reserve for close to 10 months so far with zero problems. I do have my watches on a winder when not being used, so I would like to think that helps some with keeping the watches in smooth running order.

I also follow all the usual recommendations for safely operating the 7750's.

OK, that's good to know.

I have a PAM253 with the 7750 but it's only a week old so I have no idea of the longevity of it but I do hope that I can use it for a long time.

I noticed that you have a DSSD, That is another watch I am considering at the moment. Which do you like better the 312 or DSSD ?

I know they are not even closely similar but wanted to get your thoughts on the build quality and overall experience.

OK, that's good to know.

I have a PAM253 with the 7750 but it's only a week old so I have no idea of the longevity of it but I do hope that I can use it for a long time.

I noticed that you have a DSSD, That is another watch I am considering at the moment. Which do you like better the 312 or DSSD ?

I know they are not even closely similar but wanted to get your thoughts on the build quality and overall experience.

The 312 gets lots more wrist time than the DSSD.

The DSSD is a fine watch in it's own, I have the Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116600 1:1 A3135 Best Edition (which is really a nickel plated A-2836 clone) No issues noted with it so far. But its not a chrono, so you wouldn't expect to have the issues that the 7750's run into. Its actually a very fine watch and seems to be fairly close to the gen in terms of fit and finish, however there are flaws inherent with all the Rolex's. I have really been thinking about selling that one and moving up to BK DSSD for $420. That's supposed to be the Holy Grail of rep DSSD's available.

But overall, I like the PAM 312 the best of my current line of watches......... so far. I just got a AP ROO Montauk Highway this past Saturday and I must admit it's totally awesome. I feel it going to win out as the #1 go guy on the wrist for the foreseeable future. It's very well made and is running rock solid so far. Not quite a Super Rep, but awfully well made considering the factories didn't have a gen watch to tear down. The biggest flaws are the hard to duplicate colors of the bezel and subdials are a little off compared to the gen. But they only had internet photos to compare.

PC010041.jpg

Gen on left, rep on the right

Actually the only rep that I have that has given me any issues is a Daytona sec@6 A7750. But I knew going into the purchase it was a crap shoot on those. I am ready to ship it off to Speedy Gonzales for a full service and repair, so hopefully he will get it back up and running smoothly in no time.

The 312 gets lots more wrist time than the DSSD.

The DSSD is a fine watch in it's own, I have the Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116600 1:1 A3135 Best Edition (which is really a nickel plated A-2836 clone) No issues noted with it so far. But its not a chrono, so you wouldn't expect to have the issues that the 7750's run into. Its actually a very fine watch and seems to be fairly close to the gen in terms of fit and finish, however there are flaws inherent with all the Rolex's. I have really been thinking about selling that one and moving up to BK DSSD for $420. That's supposed to be the Holy Grail of rep DSSD's available.

But overall, I like the PAM 312 the best of my current line of watches......... so far. I just got a AP ROO Montauk Highway this past Saturday and I must admit it's totally awesome. I feel it going to win out as the #1 go guy on the wrist for the foreseeable future. It's very well made and is running rock solid so far. Not quite a Super Rep, but awfully well made considering the factories didn't have a gen watch to tear down. The biggest flaws are the hard to duplicate colors of the bezel and subdials are a little off compared to the gen. But they only had internet photos to compare.

PC010041.jpg

Rep on left, gen on the right

Actually the only rep that I have that has given me any issues is a Daytona sec@6 A7750. But I knew going into the purchase it was a crap shoot on those. I am ready to ship it off to Speedy Gonzales for a full service and repair, so hopefully he will get it back up and running smoothly in no time.

Made correction to the photo. The rep is the one on the left and the Gen is on the right.

Nice watches Green.

I'm not too familiar with APs but they look great.

I will look into them someday, maybe after I've collected all the PAMs I am interested in.

The DSSD I was looking at was the v6 from PTW http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v6-a2836/

Not as nice as the one you've got but also cheaper too :)

I'm surprised that you wear the 312 the most, well I guess not now since you've gotten the AP.

Leaning toward the 328 more now.

I might order it tonight

Great, thanks a lot subbiesrock... now I'm even more confused.. now I totally want a 328!

Is that the latest one? the Best Edition V2?

Did you get anything done to it?

The 312 and 328 are basically identical, except one comes on a strap and the other one a bracelet. PeteM informs us that the Millesimation number is also different on these models, but that's just a different serial number on the case back.

The mini-Fiddy case design is simply beautiful. I have an older modded 111 on a bracelet (tested to 5ATM and reserved for water activities), but the 328 is my daily wearer. I have 3 straps that I rotate (Maratac 5-ring Zulu, Orloff Black Croc and vintage baseball strap) and wear it every day. I've owned quite a few reps and this one is my favorite. Bear in mind that the case is quite tall and sits above the wrist, which may not be to everyone's tastes. The 111 case style fits the curves of the wrist a little better, but more importantly is a few mm thinner, so it's a more comfortable wear,

No mods yet to the 328, thinking of getting it serviced/calibrated, and perhaps having the CG lever ground down to resemble the gen. Other than that, factory Lume is crazy bright, keeps great time, and there is no need for mods aside from the lever.

@subbiesrock thanks for all the info and for adding yet another watch to my wish list.. always appreciated :)

It's funny because I was thinking of getting a 312 and a fiddy but now I can have both in one!

Exactly! I was looking at a 1950 as well, but this serves both purposes. I think the 47mm 1950 case is a little too big anyway.

I was thinking, aside from the CG lever, there is not much to distinguish the rep from the gen (have a look at Wheaton26's 312/328 rep/gen pictorial comparison). I would suggest the only upgrade is the movement, and that just means getting a gen :)