When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam ID needed. Pics.

andreas-rep

Hey

Bought another PAM last night through an associate of a trusted dealer. After being so impressed with my others. I requested a 111m made by HBB 'ultimate edition'. Cost me best part of $200. Got today as seller in same country and I set up a courier (he he. Couldn't wait)

But on arrival and first viewing the watch I was slightly worried as the rubber strap was made out some kind of latex feeling tacky stuff which instantly started picking up dust and fibers. It was listed as having OEM rubber strap which I hoped would be the harder rubber you get on decent reps that hss some dust repelling properties.

Anyway. It's supposed to be an Asian platinum plated 6497 with a dagger swan neck regulator. Genuine superLuminova lumed hands and dial. (I have checked and only the hands are lumed)

Being a Noob to PAM's i am not familiar with the movement. But I know the lume is wrong and strap is poor so I am asking for opinions on whether this is an ultimate edition or if not what is it? I need to know before I can confront the seller as I don't want to look like a [censored] if this is the right wstch. Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a book.

Pics below. It's not gold that's just the crap lighting. Any feedback welcome.

0a0b5694.jpg

a826b658.jpg

14119f0e.jpg

035cf2bc.jpg

c8d80b91.jpg

Edited by andreas-rep

Mate you been stitched!

Demand what you ordered cause its just an old rep version a bad hybrid of an early and later 111.

Out of Interest what does serial number say I can't see it on my phone.

You got nothing on that watch that relates to an M series watch!

Sorry for your trouble but get back to him now mate though not sure why you used an associate of a trusted dealer would you mind explaining please

:)

Thanks for the info. I can't go into much detail yet as it's still being sorted out. But basically It was through the staff of a trusted seller. I ordered item then found out this person didnt work for the seller anymore but had been using their name to sign off emails etc. So to me it seemed like I was still dealing with the trusted seller. It's a bit complicated but the trusted seller should have kept tighter control and not allowed their previous employes to take orders after they had left the business. If they don't sort it out I will out them on the forum but it's only fair to give them 1 chance. Cheers.

List

1 ) Canon pin is too short - one of the biggest tells on these older reps

2 ) Crown guard should be brushed and not polished (let alone it's a bad one). Plus it should have a roller ball

3 ) Crown is too thin and not spring loaded

4 ) The movement is not engraved (that's a sticker with Offiicine Panerai written on it)

5 ) The movement is not platinum platted

6 ) The dial is horrible with the wrong thickness, wrong number cut out (specially the 6), L Swiss Made L too close to the 6 and the list goes on

7 ) Can't see but I bet the caseback says either H or F series

8 ) The case shape is wrong, specially lugs and bezel

9 ) The strap you already mentioned

And since when you have to prove the watch is a not what you ordered? You've asked for H factory M series, not close enough. That's NOT the H-factory M series. If you paid with Paypal open a dispute right away.