When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sonofabitch! Some One In Customs Has A New Iwc!

speedy1

Now you got me sceeerd. I've just made my first purchase and it is taking FOREVER! That and I've had boxes of contraband cigars (Habanos) confiscated by my friends at customs. God I hope I'm not gonna suffer the safe fate.

I feel for ya... :yuk:

I thought I was the only one! if it makes u feel any better, I lost $$$$ trying to smuggle in Cubans. The first 3 times worked flawless, friend in Europe removed the bands, sent the box and bands seperate. Than one day I said, just send me 3 boxes...still removed the bands and box. But customs caught me...

And not only that...what really impressed me was that they knew exactly what cigar they were (and the US value). Remember, no bands! My favorites were the Sancho Panza Belicosos and Hoyo Epicure #2s. This was 10 years ago.

Of course I figured it was a one time thing, so i did it again, this time with 1 box if cheap Fonsecas (very undervalued cigar by the way). They got through...but after that I cut down on my smoking and havent had a cigar in a few years.

Although I still have a humidor with some nice stuff...I know I have a few Serie D, some Upmanns in a tubo and bunch of other stuff.

What do u guys write on the customs declairation when u send the watch? Why not "warranty repair" or something like that??

When i had cigars sent, they would write cigars, in country of origin they would write a "legal' country, like Dominican Republic, etc.

I'm really sorry to hear about all this! :(

Me too. Custom seizure sucks. It's not like they are doing anything to stop a meaningful illegal trade. I'd like to check the jewelry boxes of every freekin' customs agent. You want to influence a meaningful illegal copyright infringement? Start seizing counterfeit versions of Microsoft windows everything....

WHERE IS THE GUY LOCATED? PLEASE SAY USA!

I've had a similar problem, happen with computar parts. is he is the us, and you are in the US. SUE. I am serious, and I know all of you Europeans are going to laugh! But seriously, SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

You have to file where business took place, it was on the internet, thus you get to sue him from your home town.

If he does not show up, you automatically win. He looses, u have the right to collect. You can them contact a collection company and although u may not get 100% back, you will get something, and atleast make the guy's credit suffer.

IN ADDITION, this can possibly constitute bank fraud, although u must ask a lawyer about that. And that is often taken VERY seriously in court.

Good luck, but I know what u r feeling.

I've heard some horror storries with Paypal, but never believed them. But problem is, especially with eBay, its sort of the only payment that "seems" safe. Bank wire, no protection for buyer. Paypal, not a lot of protection for seller.

I NEVER leave money in my Paypal account. Second I get a payment, I transfer money out to different account. Which then gets transfered out to a second account. If there is a reversal, which I have yet to experience again, Paypal is sure as hell not getting the money from me!

BTW if you really want to protect yourself, open a seperate account at your bank specifically for paypal, dump funds from paypal, then dump funds from one account to another. Paypal can't touch em then. Big hassle but if you sell for over $1000 regularly well worth it.

Why is it a big hassle? I guess I jumped the gun an replied prior to reading all the posts, sorry...but I opened up a savings account at the same bank as my chequing/checking account. Thanks to the internet, it takes a total of about 10 seconds to transfer money between accounts. Which once again, are at the same bank.

Took about 15 mins to open.

Once paypal clears, I transfer money to my savings account (which Paypal likes to take their time doing... ) and once in savings, transfer to checquing where it can not be touched. Not a hassle, not a pain in the ass. Its usually all done via a few clicks of the mouse in my underwear at 4am.

Im really worry about your experience...as I said, I understand, it has happened to me. But if I refuse to take Paypal, then it means not selling as quickly. easily and for as high a price as I want (when I do sell stuff on eBay). The majority of people are good, but the bad ones make it seem like everyone is bad! :evil2:

• 2 weeks later...