When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sonofabitch! Some One In Customs Has A New Iwc!

speedy1

Well I should have known this deal was going to go [censored] up.

1. The day after I send off the money to Eddie Lee, 2 other dealer show the same watch for $100 less than I paid......great. (this by the way is a normal thing, the longer you wait the cheaper a rep is. I just didn wait long enough)

2. All the other watches I have bought have always made it from Taiwan in 2-3 days and then through customs in another 24 to 48 hours, this one took a full week just to make to shore.........well that's nice

3. The watch has been is customs for 7 days...........uh oh.

4. I get a nice letter from US customs telling me I have donated one watch to a customs agent.......well F*CK!!!

No point to this thread.

I am just venting about loosing a watch that I really wanted to get but everything went wrong.

The fact the Paypal just informed that they took back the funds paid to me for a genuine Omega Seamaster because they were paid with an instant tranfer from a closed account made it some much worse. So the funds I were going to use to by the DW and MBW sub here from fellow members is gone gone gone along with my Seamaster.

Cliff Notes: I am just ranting because my watch buddies are the only ones who will understand my woes!

Edited by speedy1

Sucks. Which customs port did it come through?

1. The day after I send off the money to Eddie Lee, 2 other dealer show the same watch for $100 less than I paid......great. (this by the way is a normal thing, the longer you wait the cheaper a rep is. I just didn wait long enough)

2. All the other watches I have bought have always made it from Taiwan in 2-3 days and then through customs in another 24 to 48 hours, this one took a full week just to make to shore.........well that's nice

4. I get a nice letter from US customs telling me I have donated one watch to a customs agent.......well F*CK!!!

No point to this thread.

I am just venting about loosing a watch that I really wanted to get but everything went wrong.

The fact the Paypal just informed that they took back the funds paid to me for a genuine Omega Seamaster because they were paid with an instant tranfer from a closed account made it some much worse. So the funds I were going to use to by the DW and MBW sub here from fellow members is gone gone gone along with my Seamaster.

Cliff Notes: I am just ranting because my watch buddies are the only ones who will understand my woes!

Dallas / DFW customs baby! I know they are supposed to be the hardest but...........

Look, I have plowed through many a watch coming over with no problems.

and

The funny thing is that my tracking numbers ALWAYS have worked and I almost always have my watch on my wrist is no more than 5 days. I have even ordered watches from Josh on thursday and had a USPS van pull up on SUNDAY afternoon to deliver them to me.

But sooner or later we all catch that one crappy deal. Whether we have a deal with another member go bad or we loose a watch to customs or to the mail Gods. And sometimes you get to loose a genuine just so the "For Sale" Gods show you that anything is fair game.

It all boils down to one lesson in reps though.........

NEVER gamble with more money than you can AFFORD to loose when buying or selling a rep!!!!! You never know which rep it is that will get caught or lost or scammed.

Edited by speedy1

2 watches from HK, 1 from Singapore, 1 from England, to California, no problem so far, knock on wood. Is Dallas partcularly bad? If California is OK, send your watches to me and let me resend to you. My service is postage and your watches on my wrist for merely 1 week :-)

Edited by bklm1234

I know it's not of much help right now but I might suggest implimenting a 3 day delay for says via paypal that are worth big $$$ both to protect you in case paypal reverses and so you can dump to your bank account and then unassociate it.

Most people I hear horror stories from find out in less than 3 days that the funds have been reversed and if you unassociate your bank account paypal is screwed on the reversal... they will hold you in a negative balance but screw em.

After that it's a pain to open a new paypal account but for the price of a gen omega I would go thorugh that hassle...

WTF is up with paypal man. Geez--these stories happen too often; Paypal should do something about protecting sellers... And I agree with Deve. On eBay you can check the person's feedback, but for other matters, wait a bit for the PP to clear, then send the item.

..of course there are idiots who does chargebacks too.. sigh

I belong to several other forums where paypal horror stories abound...

Paypal seller protection? Totally worthless. Many stories of items sent deliver confirmation with tracking, signed for, even got emails from reciever that item was great and just what was expected. When the charge back comes and all evidence is given to paypal it inevitably ends up with "Paypal has examined the evidence and chosen to protect the buyer, the funds have been reveresed from your account".

They charge you a butt load for features that are worthless, then they don't even give you the service you paid for when the time comes. Ultimate scam.

BTW if you really want to protect yourself, open a seperate account at your bank specifically for paypal, dump funds from paypal, then dump funds from one account to another. Paypal can't touch em then. Big hassle but if you sell for over $1000 regularly well worth it.

No point to this thread.

who screwed you on your seamaster

BTW if you really want to protect yourself, open a seperate account at your bank specifically for paypal, dump funds from paypal, then dump funds from one account to another. Paypal can't touch em then. Big hassle but if you sell for over $1000 regularly well worth it.

I'm not sure this is true. I think Paypal would just simply charge the account, even if it is empty, result in an overdraft from your bank. The only way this would work is if you just closed the account afterwards, but opening up checking accounts for every item you sell is a bit unrealistic.

:thumbdown:

I' not aware of any bank that will honour a request for funds from an account that has none....and will defo not sanction any unauthorised overdraft....!

When using Paypal for large purchases....it's always best to wait until funds are cleared thru' your account.......as suggested......have a dedicated Paypal bank account....transfer to your normal account as soon as cleared.....then send your item.......the buyer must realise that a Paypal payment is not a payment until it can put a loaf of bread on your table.....everything prior to that are just ASCII characters on your PC......

I' not aware of any bank that will honour a request for funds from an account that has none....and will defo not sanction any unauthorised overdraft....!

When using Paypal for large purchases....it's always best to wait until funds are cleared thru' your account.......as suggested......have a dedicated Paypal bank account....transfer to your normal account as soon as cleared.....then send your item.......the buyer must realise that a Paypal payment is not a payment until it can put a loaf of bread on your table.....everything prior to that are just ASCII characters on your PC......

When I called to complained, this is how I was told it works:

I was told that the Paypal transfer was instant into my paypal account from his. Then Paypal makes a fund request from his account that can take up to two days depending on whether or not the funds have to be manually approved from the bank (huh?)

Then if it is not sufficiently funded in the bank account, Paypal then overdrafts his account and his bank charges him the overdraft fee but does not give PP any funds. PP then puts his PP accoutn into the negative. PP keeps trying to withdraw funds on the account every three days, once a week (huh?) until it can recieve these funds. The only way to stop this is to close the checking or savings account. THEN PP wants their money from ONE of you, so guess where they go.

From what was told to me, this has happend more and more and is the reason that many ebay sellers will not take paypal over certain amounts $500-$1000 for example.

Yeah TTK, from now on only bank to bank transfer. I bought his whine about being afraid that he would loose his money if he wired my bank the funds and PP at least offered him some protection............... I am a dumbass

Edited by speedy1