When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone here have a Festina

maxman

A friend of mine that I had a few;) drinks with last night has a Festina Chrono Bike. It's the exact same one as In the picture. He really likes the watch but says It's uncomfortable on his 61/2 wrist. He said he paid around $300.00 for it about six months ago..he has all the paper work/proof of purchase.

I dont really care that much for quartz watches.... but they cant be beat for grab and go. he says that I can have It for $250.00...and I do like the looks of this particular watch.

So..does anyone here have experence with this brand or watch..If so..what are your thoughts. The truth Is ..I know very little about this brand. The watch does seem to be well made Imho.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Mike....(ps)..His favorite watch Is a 42 PO that he picked up from Andrew last year..lol :D

post-19368-0-03660400-1319881444.jpg

I deal in used watches, and I have a Festina chrono, (not that model) maybe a bit earlier) FS ATM for $140.00.

The one I have was around $400 new, and is probably 4-5 yo, but in VGC.

I would have thought a $300 watch new 6 months ago, would probably depreciate by more than $50, however the only value a used watch has finally, is how much someone pays for it, so if you like the watch, and pay him $250 for it...then thats what its worth!

Good quality, respected brand name, more than probably running an ETA movement, ( if not you can be guaranteed it has a Miyota OS in it)

All good there.

O/S

I've never heard of them in Aus but they're very strongly advertised in Western Europe, where I've seen the brand splattered on huge billboards. They're well constructed, not dissimilar to say a Seiko or Citizen, which are both excellent value for money as far as quartz beaters.

I think half price is fair, 250 is a little much, but what's 50 bucks between friends... ;)

I've never heard of them in Aus but they're very strongly advertised in Western Europe, where I've seen the brand splattered on huge billboards. They're well constructed, not dissimilar to say a Seiko or Citizen, which are both excellent value for money as far as quartz beaters.

I think half price is fair, 250 is a little much, but what's 50 bucks between friends... ;)

Thanks subbie...My guess is that he will say.."how about $225.00"..sounds like a fair price on a watch thats only been worn a few times due to the uncomfortability issues.

It really is a good looking watch...for a grab&go beater..actually quite nice.

$50.00 between frinds?...not a problem. ;)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...