When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Needed: UK Rolex modder for a quick bezel job!

deja

Hi guys,

Just picked up a nice Rolex 5512 from a fellow member, i need someone to help me out by reattaching an insert and pearl to the bezel, and possibly fixing the spring (it has no friction, just free spinning!!!)

Please someone help me out!!

Thank you :)

There's really not much to glueing the insert to the bezel- some G-S Hypo-cement or maybe a few drops of epoxy. Glue the insert onto the bezel and after it dries, you can press it onto the watch. Sounds like you're missing the friction washer- the flat little washer that goes in there in between the crystal retention ring and the bezel. People bend it slightly to create more friction. This is all assuming you have a copy of the gen bezel construction like on MBWs or Josh's vintage subs. If you have the chinese bezel assembly with the 8 sided paper clip in the bezel, you can play around with that to make it tighter. Sometimes it helps if you have a crystal press for installing inserts and bezels.

Don't know of anyone doing this stuff in the UK, but there are modders in the EU that could help you.