When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bye bye DW

wat44

"He was probably driven crazy by all the members who bought reps and complained that they weren't 100% like their gen counterparts. I've always felt that I'd end up committing suicide if I ever got into the rep trade on the forums."

I bet you are right.

I would guess the only way to survive in the 'case and dial business' is to offer the best cases and dials available at a fair price, make sure they are all the same from batch to batch, and do not fool with running watches.

No hit or miss cases/dials = no complaints.

What has always amazed me is why no one seems to be able to supply an accurate, quality reproduction vintage rolex case for around $200 or so. If they can sell noobmariners with etaclones for $225 with all of them being high quality and basically identical...how come they can not supply an empty case made the same every time?

Here is the real question...

Why not just make genuine spec 1680/5513/1655/1665 etc cases that will accept 1570/75/gmt movements/dials and sell them with etaclones installed for $299?

Nah, that makes waaay too much sense. :unknw:

He was probably driven crazy by all the members who bought reps and complained that they weren't 100% like their gen counterparts. I've always felt that I'd end up committing suicide if I ever got into the rep trade on the forums.

Honestly, I am not sure his English language skills are up to par to tell the difference between a complaint and compliment. At least in my dealings with him. It is now safe to say I am out $268 from a botched transaction a year ago.