When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should I buy this 16600 SeaDweller?

astronaut616

Hi guys Im thinking about buying this 16600 sea-dweller and just wondering if it is a good choice: http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=7340&zenid=c06fff231234867974d943254c055060

There seems to be only this version available with all the TDs.

What do you guys think, is it good? Or does it have major tells?

I plan to buy a correct bezel to put on it; so pearl-wise it is handled.

Since I am a Rolex noob please comment and recommend :)

TQ

My guess is that he won't have it in stock. Over all it looks pretty decent to me. A little massaging of the crown guards would help.

The DW looks pretty normal to me other than the date not being perfectly centered. But with no cyclops you can hardly see the date on an SD anyway. And it doesn't mean that the one you get is going to be like that.

• Like 1

Yes I've confirmed with a few dealers that a new SD is coming out in 1 or 2 months. But ofcourse, I've also read that they said that about 1 or 2 months ago. So yes a new one is coming out, apparently it has better lume called Superlume. I'm not sure how much of a difference they will make but according to one particular TD it will make I quote "a world of difference". It might cost a bomb though.

In my case, I really can't wait I want to get this one now and maybe that one eventually.

So yeah, I want this as a daily beater now, personally I cant tell the difference between this current one and gen, thats why Im asking if theres something Im not seeing.

Anyways do you guys find the rehaut wokky? and the Crystal-glass quite low? I don't know those are the 2 things concerning me.

I am led to believe from my research that this isnt the notorious Super-Sea Dweller, but I think it looks alright. What do y'all think?

Edited by astronaut616

I am led to believe from my research that this isnt the notorious Super-Sea Dweller, but I think it looks alright. What do y'all think?

Since the factory stopped making them 18 months or 2 years ago ... I'd say anyone trying to sell you a new "SSD" would be a liar.