When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

14060 From Silix

tah

Got this watch from Silix. I think there's was a little communication breakdown. I wanted the case with the lug holes like the Gen. They kept telling me they were waiting for it from the factory for over a month. Finally I relented and told them to send me the one without the holes.

So I get the watch this week and it has holes....wtf? But it's what I wanted so all is well.

I've got to tell you, overall I'm VERY pleased witht this rep. I've owned two gens of this watch, the 14060 and the 14060M and this rep does not disappoint me.

The good: dial and hands look really good. lug holes although not perfectly positioned are close enough to gen to fool just about anyone, band is proper hollow links and hollow end links, proper diver extension, keeps good time, nice coronets on dial, crown and clasp.......

The not so good: crystal has coronet, not proper on this one (14060), proper on 14060M with rehaut engraving, one band screw was very stubborn but after soaking overnight in Kroil (heat did NOTHING) got it loose and out, bezel feels kind of sloppy when turning, gues I'll just leave it alone - problem solved!

Here's some quick and dirty pics..........enjoy

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

2010 14060M Gen

DialII.jpg

Case.jpg

Older 14060 Gen

P1010056.jpg

Very nice, thanks for the pics :)

Looks pretty good to me, if the gen is yours it would be nice to see a shot side by side to compare dials.

The only thing that glares at me (just like all reps) is the pearl. That's easily fixed though.

Thanks for posting and congrats. Glad you got the screw out :)

Both the pictured gens WERE mine. During the last three or four years during the recession I've sold a LOT of posessions.

When I'd sell a high dollar Rolex I'd but a cheaper one. Sometimes I'd sell two and buy one. Eventually I'd have no gen Rolex', That's when I started looking into the rep scene. Now unless I start making a LOT of money....and I mean a LOT......I'll probably just stick with the reps.

The real heartbreaker for me was when I sold my Porsche, bought a BMW...then had to sell that.

Before this recession I was proably the highest earning home inprovement sales reps in the state of Virginia. Good company, good products, NO SCAMMING just good honest business! Within two years business went to 50% of what it once was and has gotten worse since then. People are scared to death of spending money and I don't blame them.

Now I own a mattress store and am doing OK, just OK. But I'm thankful for what I have and know that I'm a lot better off than a lot of folks. So Thanksgiving will still be a day of thanks for me!

one day i plan to buy a gen 14060. cheapest ive seen one is $3400 recently

i bought on a few years ago with papers for 1900 Euro ! and sold it fro the same amount :bangin:

sadly the price for used Rollies went up - even the braclet alone 1000 Euro new now :animal_rooster:

i guess i have to stick to the reps ;)

i bought on a few years ago with papers for 1900 Euro ! and sold it fro the same amount :bangin:

sadly the price for used Rollies went up - even the braclet alone 1000 Euro new now :animal_rooster:

i guess i have to stick to the reps ;)

Same boat as you buddy,

I owned several nice watches years ago... had to sell them.

I doubt I'll ever been in position again to get em back.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my reps immensely :)