When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help..American classic car enthusiast's

KB

I have a buddy, my daughters Godfather to be exact, who has fully restored a '66 Chevy Impala.

This car was taken down to the floor pan and put back together piece by piece so that nothing has been overlooked.

Bob (my mate) has spent the best part of the past 3 years sourcing parts and rebuilding the car and it is now a very beautiful looking car....except...He needs to find the horn assembly for the steering wheel.

He has one fitted but the horn doesn't work and the center perspex badge is damaged.

Bob has been searching for this part for a long time and at one point thought he had it when he tracked down a parts supplier in the US by the name of 'Impala Bob' but for whatever reason this supplier wont answer his Emails and he has also failed to make phone contact.

Bob has no problem paying whatever costs are associated in getting this part purchased and shipped to Australia, it's just that he has exhausted all his avenues of search.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Ken

PS. I will see if I can get some pic's of the car later (very busy this Month) to post up here.

Yes Freddy it is some kind of plastic/perspex but he needs the whole assembly because the horn he has doesn't work.

Actually I didn't even think of Chevrolet forums and I don't know if he has either so that will give me a starting point.

Ken

Well Ken.. as Im sure you already know...some of these older car parts are very difficult to scorce.

The good news is..... there are after market parts that are as good as the original.....I have had to use these parts on many of the restorations I have done over the years.

Tell your mate to check http://www.hemmings.com/ ....classic car section.....I have found almost everthing I have ever needed here.

The part your friend needs will be very hard to find In original form..

Hope this helps Ken. :)

Mike

Thanks for the link Mike.

One thing my buddy has said is that he has tried after market from other places and these were mostly made in Japan so all the spec's were in metric which of course makes fitting them to an imperial car very hard.

Do you know of anyone who makes the after market parts in imperial?

Ken

Hemmings is a good suggestion...also look at the supplier adds in the back of American car mags like HotRod, CarCraft..

Search google of Year One..a rstoration supplier.....also The Paddock...a parts suppiler.

There are TONS of reproduction parts for Impala's...tons.

Rob

1966 Olds 442 here

Thanks for the link Mike.

One thing my buddy has said is that he has tried after market from other places and these were mostly made in Japan so all the spec's were in metric which of course makes fitting them to an imperial car very hard.

Do you know of anyone who makes the after market parts in imperial?

Ken

I do know that hemmings provides after market parts for autos all over the world....many of the parts I have purchased are made right here In the US.

I believe there Is a factory somewhere In Texas that makes many of these parts.

Just make sure your mate is very clear on the details of his Imperial... I honestly dont see a problem. They can go by a vin number.. so there's no mistakes. :)

Mike