When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2892-2 ETA Swiss Movement or 2836-2?

hylnder777

I'm new at this and I would like some advice from the experts here. I have chance to pick up a one of either one of these two Swiss movements and was wondering what the differences are? Which is better? I have an original Noobmariner and was thinking of swapping out the Asian movement any advise as to if the hands fit, etc would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips, I got the 2836-2 and with a lot of mods, patience, internet research, and miniature tools, I built one hell of a 16610 Submariner. Had to get ETA hands and mod the date wheel by removing the center hub area and smoothing out the edges and wow, I did it! Sorry guys, my first attack at this, lol. It beats at 28,800. It even sings when you hold it to your ear like a gen :) Put all new gaskets and submerged, water tested for a week the sealed case without the movement and she is dry. How do you post pics? Anyone need a nice 21J movement? It's got Rolex style rotor with the blue screws, and lumed hands too. Extra date wheel also for 2836-2