When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guys I need your help finding this model

zaza

Awesome! It's really a privilege to have such knowledgeable members around :)

One more question, do you think it's the same blue color I'm looking for? I cannot tell from the display pictures. They look very dim and pale. Also, how good is it repped?

Collector and Wolf, thanks a lot really!

Awesome! It's really a privilege to have such knowledgeable members around :)

One more question, do you think it's the same blue color I'm looking for? I cannot tell from the display pictures. They look very dim and pale. Also, how good is it repped?

Collector and Wolf, thanks a lot really!

no idea. I have not seen one that was bought by a member and pics posted. Maybe you can be the first :)

Do you think it's gon' be available in Swiss movt.?

No, the dials won't be compatible. Now that they have the A7753 I doubt you will see anything using the ETA7753.

http://puretimewatch.com/product/pam326-m-daylight-titanium-a7753-ultimate-edition-sample-preview/

Get the A7753 and get it serviced by The Zigmeister. You won't even think about the Swiss anymore.

Trust me, you'll be reminded about the Swiss when your date starts switching at around 10PM and you'll watch a half date the last 30 minutes before midnight, every night.

Oops.. lol

I didn't know that.

So maybe I should stick with a Swiss movt. And look for other similar chrono models? (Pam188 or 196)

But is it true that Swiss 7753 is very sensitive to winding which could break some inner parts of the movt.

I guess I read something similar on te forum. I know that you don't even need to wind a Swiss 7753, but it's good to know.

Thank you w0lf!

Thank you txcollector

If you want to build a Swiss ETA model you are pretty much limited to PAM196H if you're staying with all rep parts. Buy the A7753 PAM196H, keep the full caseset with crystal and movement ting and sell everything else. Then get an ETA7753 movement, a PAM font datewheel from 2geek.net, a PAM196 dial and handstack from Davidsen and you're in business. Your only glaring inaccuracies will remain the hexagonal crown tube and matching crown - which can be punched out, rounded off and reinstalled, else it can replaced with DSN crown & tube parts (recommended), and a CG that has a roller in the lever. You can source a replacement lever from a different model or do a WTB in "tools & parts".

Once you're done, you're looking at $800-1000 rep.

Else you can get a PAM250K, ETA7753 movt, this gen dial, PAM font datewheel from 2geek.net, PAM188 ETA7753 handstack from DSN and build a sweet franken for ~$1500-1700