When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

problems buying from member

andcaneron

I tried to buy a watch from a member who is advertizing. He asked me all of my personal information including my age. I sent my address and phone number. I said that I could pay with Paypal. After receiving all of my info he accused me of being a scammer! I feel cheated. I have given personal info to a person and do not even know his name I did this because the sale is within EU therefore no customs problems.

I think you should contact admin and discuss it. You have to also realize you have 3 posts, and possible somebody he knows well popped up and wanted

his watch. The rules usually state that the seller has the right to pick the buyer.

I feel bad for you, except there is not much that can be done. The scammer part doesn't seen fair and I would talk to Admin about.

I hope you have a better weekend! ;)

MM

This makes no sense...wtf does the seller need to know your age??

Why not your weight and hight as well.

Unless Im misunderstanding your post...again..dosent make any sense

How could you be scamming him. I mean If your PP clears the funds.

I would contact one of the RWG admin or crew members. If not anything else..they will keep there eye on the seller If need be.

If he didn't feel comfortable doing business with you because of a low post count...then he should have just said so...Instead of waisting your time with bs.

Mike

I feel like I was a stupid victim of phishing and I FELL FOR IT! After giving him all the info he finally said, after having accused me of trying to pull a Paypal scam, that I could send him a bank wire or have a friend pick up the watch in another city in his country. We live in different european countries. I had told him that 30 years before I lived in his country so I spoke the language. But that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! He also said that he was wary of me because after I gave him my personal info he GOOGLED me! I have no criminal record so I assume that he saw my professional résumé or FACEBOOK page.

I feel like I was a stupid victim of phishing and I FELL FOR IT! After giving him all the info he finally said, after having accused me of trying to pull a Paypal scam, that I could send him a bank wire or have a friend pick up the watch in another city in his country. We live in different european countries. I had told him that 30 years before I lived in his country so I spoke the language. But that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! He also said that he was wary of me because after I gave him my personal info he GOOGLED me! I have no criminal record so I assume that he saw my professional résumé or FACEBOOK page.

Maybe you should post the sellers name...so he can tell us his side of the story.. If he wishes..you know....to be fair.

Sorry to hear this. The seller does have the right to decide who he sells to. The level of personal information is inappropriate - especially as you are the buyer. He either receives your money and sends the watch or .... If you are really concerned about it being a phishing scam please let one of us in admin know.

I have sent the seller´s name to a member of the administration and authorized him to read my messages if that is allowed. The seller sent me a message saying that he asked my age because he googled my name and found an obituary - it was my late father´s obituary! I find this highly offensive and hurtful.

He said he was suspicious because I spoke his language. I explained that I had worked in his country before moving to Portugal. Anyway I have learned an important lesson; be careful when giving out info even if you are in a safe environment.

Im sorry to hear that this person Invaded your privacy andcameron. I can Imagine how you must have felt when It came to your fathers obituary.

Good lesson for all of us....never give out personal Information to people you do not know...or Informatiom that is no ones business but your own.

Good luck In the furture andcameron.:)

Mike

I hope this never happens to another member. Gatsby asked for my personal info and then accused me of being suspicious, a scammer. He GOOGLED me and then sent my father´s obituary as proof. Be careful when dealing with him and do not give up all of your personal info like I did. Don´t be a victim of phishing!