When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rare Doxa for sale on eBay? Not so much.

Nanuq

Gents, there has recently been what appears to be a Conquistador SUB 300T for sale on eBay. This is arguably the rarest of all Doxa dive watches.

I've been watching it closely for several weeks, and nearly jumped on it. This morning I did some research and I'm convinced it is not complete, nor authentic.

* A genuine Conquistador crown is not signed. From the fleabay photos it almost appears to wear a Jenny Fish logo on the crown. Perhaps a reflection? The crown end should be more domed.

* The helium relief valve on the Conquistador should have distinct inner and outer concentric pieces. The fleabay photos look like the end of a steel plug with a vague "ring" engraved in it.

* The bezel on a Conquistador should have tiny inner ring tick marks like a SUB 300 (no "T"). The fleabay watch inner ring has tick marks like a SUB 300T Sharkhunter.

* And the real kicker, there is no USD logo in the 3rd quadrant of the fleabay dial.

I think I'll keep my money in my pocket. Caveat Emptor.