When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think i'm ready for a gen now.

HPoirot

It's come to a point where my collection and taste have somewhat stabilized and i'm looking to add a gen to my small collection of reps.

My current goal is a pre-owned JLC Reverso Grande GMT or Grande Date.

Here are the reasons why:

Iconic, classy design, and i'm lacking a nice dress watch

No good reps available

Affordable, entry level watch

Should hold it's pre-owned value well.

Does anyone have a better suggestion for a gen? The above criteria holds and i'm looking at 6k to 8k.

Here are some of the brands i wish to avoid:

Rolex

Panerai

TAG

For iconic dress watches along the lines of the Reverso, the most obvious choices would be the Cartier Tank and Dunhill Facet. On average, these would fall under your given price range, but you should be able to find pricier examples of each e.g. the JLC-powered Facet.

You could also try a pre-owned Vacheron Patrimony or Patek Calatrava.

I've always wanted a Reverso for myself and never choose it even after many tries in various configurations, it doesn't fit my wrist at all.

Squadra included.

They look weird on me.

So, I bought one for my better half's 50th birthday because I needed to have one in house.

They are stunning, but just not for me.

My JLC is a simple Master Control. Not the new one, this one:

JLC_MasterControl_800_0007.jpg

Before you go for a Reverso (Grand Date is perfect of course and was my initial wish), check the Master Control Home Time or, but very expensive, Polaris :clap2:

JLCHometime.jpg

MemovoxTributeToPolaris.jpg

Good luck with the choice! I would stay with JLC though...every watch lover should have one of these because of all the reasons you mentionned and because the regular ones are affordable on the second hand market!

I would go with a used JLC ultrathin if you want a timeless classic. I also love a JLC reverso. it would help if we knew your price range. FYI Since I've been wearing reps and saving my watch fund money, my next gen will be a GO panomatic moonphase.

post-38112-0-45557000-1322682107.jpg

post-38112-0-65803400-1322682126.jpg

post-38112-0-75259400-1322682166.jpg

Edited by HartDoc

Looks like my choice of JLC is generally approved!

As mentioned, budget is 6 to 8k.

The other JLC i really liked was the Navy Seals Alarm. But it doesn't fit into what i'm looking for.

The polaris looks great though. I oughta check that out. Is it within my price range though? Pre-owned price, that is.