When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which one to choose?

gmtlover

IMO you should stay away from the CHS mvts.........you could always spring for a 2893...which is a gen. GMT mvt...though you'll still have to live with the ICHS.

And keep in mind that with the CHS, the date works off the GMT hand...which isn't cool if you actually "need" the GMT function.....imo

It would take some skill but you could always get the more reliable ICHS mvt and switch the hour and GMT hands in the stack by clipping the end and glue them switched around....just a thought. You'd gain the CHS you're after but still have to accept the date working off the GMT hand. IMO it's pretty diffivcult to notice the hand stack without a really close look...but if you plan to take it off your wrist and hand it to someone (who knows the difference) you may as well just spring for a gen...or take your chances with the CHS mvt version.

Edited by correctime

It would take some skill but you could always get the more reliable ICHS mvt and switch the hour and GMT hands in the stack by clipping the end and glue them switched around....just a thought. You'd gain the CHS you're after but still have to accept the date working off the GMT hand. IMO it's pretty diffivcult to notice the hand stack without a really close look...but if you plan to take it off your wrist and hand it to someone (who knows the difference) you may as well just spring for a gen...or take your chances with the CHS mvt version.

But then your hour hand would rotate in 24 hours and the GMT hand in 12, your watch would look like it was wrong all the time and your friends would notice that more than an ICHS, go vintage then the 2836 or 2892-2 would be the correct hand stack

As for my friends noticing, they have a gen GMT so yes they will notice.

Unfortunaly the CHS from puretime doesn't have a Ceramic Bezel.

Although the CHS version tends to have more problems due to the relocation gearing's poor design, you can improve your long-term chances by not using the GMT function. My CHS came from the initial shipment (3 years ago) & I have never had any problems with it.

To the best of my knowledge, the only part that is ceramic on these is the hyperbole that accompanies them.

Although the CHS version tends to have more problems due to the relocation gearing's poor design, you can improve your long-term changes by not using the GMT function. My CHS came from the initial shipment (3 years ago) & I have never had any problems with it.

To the best of my knowledge, the only part that is ceramic on these is the hyperbole that accompanies them.

According to Puretime this is just a steel bezel, no ceramic used here.

And should a vintage have ceramic bezel? Does the gen have one? I actually don't know this model very well only the current 2011 version since two of my friends have them.

The (modern) gen 116710LN has a ceramic bezel insert (the part inside the bezel containing the numbers). Most newbies are not aware that the insert & bezel are separate parts.

Ceramic is a modern material & has only been available on Rolex watches for the past few years (no vintage Rolexes have ceramic anything).