When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping Question

vlydog

Greetings forum family.

I recently sold some genuine Rolex parts to a collector in Italy. I frequently see fleabay sales listing with a disclaimer stating no shipping to Italy.

Why no shipping to Italy?

What would be the best courier for mail service to Italy from the USA?

TIA

I have stopped selling/shipping anything to Italy as their postal system is either a complete fiasco or crooked. In the 10+ years I've been selling stuff on fleabay I've had maybe 7 or 8 packages go missing and over 50% of them were going to Italy. The last sale to Italy went missing and the buyer filed a chargeback that was "approved" even though tracking showed I shipped the package and it had left the US. According to PP they were granting the chargeback since tracking didn't show the buyer received it.

dont send it, give the guy a refund, take the hit on your account

That would be my advice.

+1

-or-

-If PayPal, issue a refund (if Goods/Services).

-Request payment as (Money Owed/Personal/Gift) if he still wants it. -or- do a wire transfer

-Photo/Video document the packing/shipping and provide tracking.

-Be clear that once it leaves the USA he is on his own.

The key here is to remove Buyer Protection (you being disputed as the Seller) based on the corruption in the Italian postal system.

Hi guys im from Italy (Milano).

Here customs are incredibly hard, better situation is in the south.

Now im buying replicas just from sellers who offer triangle uk shipping, and it works even if is very long.

In last month i bought something using DHL from China and also from USA, seller wrote steel bracelet value 25 usd and passed DHL custom without problems, packaging was made very accurate to dont see inside.

But for what i heard from people i was lucky, is easy that DHL like all other couriers stop packages, but the best trick is what i just told you, for me it worked out 3 times in one month :)

Ciao !!!