When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hysek Abyss Explorer

Yannou

Got it today

What I have to say (and I'm not new here..) that it's an amazing watch...what a bunch of metal...my god it's a monster

The watch have so much details and complicated parts (look at this strap....really original)

It's not for the kids IMO...

I got it from Connie as usual...great transaction, smooth and speed...

For setting the date, I have to use the pusher at 10..Don't know if it's normal but I didn't get it via the crown...

For the height...you see what I mean...on rubber and not on a SS bracelet....

img1280s.jpg

And a good advice (for all the new received watch), check all the screws before wearing it...

Here are some pics :

img1257p.jpg

img1258km.jpg

img1259w.jpg

img1260f.jpg

img1261p.jpg

img1262jw.jpg

img1263np.jpg

img1264fm.jpg

img1265kl.jpg

img1266ck.jpg

img1267k.jpg

img1268hv.jpg

img1269kx.jpg

img1270pk.jpg

img1271e.jpg

img1272y.jpg

img1273tx.jpg

img1274fm.jpg

img1276kt.jpg

img1277js.jpg

img1278t.jpg

img1279t.jpg

And you know what I'm sure that nobody knows this brand...

Not easy to wear but really original...weird...maybe...

I have to reduce the length of the strap to fit better on my wirst

Don't forget to check all the screw with an allen key...

I took a lot of Interest In this watch when it came out...I asked one of my dealer friends what he thought of it. He said that It was one of the best put together reps that he had ever seen.

It looks like a very well made watch..one of the coolest rubber straps that I have ever seen. I like the Intergration of the ss H Into the strap...very cool Indeed.

I personally like big bold watches that make a statement...this is one of those watches Imo. It's true...most people have never heard of this brand. Im a watch nut and I first heard about Hysek last year sometime.

I believe this is a fantasy model..I havent seen a white dial with black sub dial gen...but maybe they do exsist. I just havent seen one In this config.

The only three flaws that Im aware of are...the date at the 12 is much higher on the gen...also the name Jorg Hysek is below the big date window. Also the gens date is set via the crown...no qsd on the gen. Otherwise It's a very good rep.

These three flaws are not going to make any difference In my opinion..If you like the look of the watch....enjoy It.

I thought the rubber strap had holes for sizing...do you need to add more holes to make it smaller? :g:

Thanks for your review and pics...If Im not mistaken.. this is the first review of this watch...thanks again. :)

Gen below.

Mike

post-19368-0-21010300-1323617674.jpg

I took a lot of Interest In this watch when it came out...I asked one of my dealer friends what he thought of it. He said that It was one of the best put together reps that he had ever seen.

It looks like a very well made watch..one of the coolest rubber straps that I have ever seen. I like the Intergration of the ss H Into the strap...very cool Indeed.

I personally like big bold watches that make a statement...this is one of those watches Imo. It's true...most people have never heard of this brand. Im a watch nut and I first heard about Hysek last year sometime.

I believe this is a fantasy model..I havent seen a white dial with black sub dial gen...but maybe they do exsist. I just havent seen one In this config.

The only three flaws that Im aware of are...the date at the 12 is much higher on the gen...also the name Jorg Hysek is below the big date window. Also the gens date is set via the crown...no qsd on the gen. Otherwise It's a very good rep.

These three flaws are not going to make any difference In my opinion..If you like the look of the watch....enjoy It.

I thought the rubber strap had holes for sizing...do you need to add more holes to make it smaller? :g:

Thanks for your review and pics...If Im not mistaken.. this is the first review of this watch...thanks again. :)

Gen below.

Mike

I have to reduce the size of the rubber in adding 2 sup holes. The best fit for my wirst was between 2 holes so I made this mod...

This watch is really heavy...

The strap is really complicated and thanks but there is no scratch on the rubber....I have take some particulary attention to all the screws and allen screws....a nightmare..

I have to reduce the size of the rubber in adding 2 sup holes. The best fit for my wirst was between 2 holes so I made this mod...

This watch is really heavy...

The strap is really complicated and thanks but there is no scratch on the rubber....I have take some particulary attention to all the screws and allen screws....a nightmare..

Good to hear the strap is ok...enjoy your new watch. :)

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Yannou. I have been a silent reader here at rwg for somw time now. After seen your pictures I now finally decided to get my first rep. The details on that piece are just amazing. And you are still happy with it, after using it a while now I mean?

Regards Martin

Hi Martin

Yes very happy but be carefull it's not for kids...:)

A monster....

Yannou

The Louchebem

Hi Martin

Yes very happy but be carefull it's not for kids...:)

A monster....

Yannou

The Louchebem

I believe you and thats pretty much why i want it since I'm quite a big guy it's a monster I'm looking for. Still haven't decided which one i want though, the SS or the RG... Maybe one of each:-)

Edited by snubben123