When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix-Prime Economy watches

r8247

Anyone care to elaborate their experience with these ?

http://silix-prime.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=116

I find their prices significantly lower than other trusted dealers budget models.

Anyways I really don't know what I like yet, and looking to try out a few models on the wrist. Don't want to drop the big bucks just yet. The way I figure it is I can get half a dozen of these for the price of a top notch replica. If they break down later or should I lose interest, I can deal with the sunk cost as they are generally ~$75 a pop.

I'm not exactly expecting top notch quality as these are the bottom tier, but would just like a peace of mind they are not total lemons.

I'm a noob, so forgive my ignorance. If its the its the same factories pumping out the same parts and watches. Than what is the difference between these budget models and the higher price budget models from other dealers. As far as I can they all comprise of the same parts .... 21J / Jap Quartz / mineral crystal .... etc as opposed to the higher tier reps with 7750 /eta / sapphire.

Cheers

You'll be surprised, some are quite nice! I've only got one Silix "budget" watch left but I still wear it on occasion. This was about $50 when I bought it a couple years ago so I'm not sure how much it would be now...

wrist.JPG

• Like 1

I've bought a couple of those. Two subs (one blue and one red) and a lady's Datejust for my wife. The DJ had to be returned since the cyclops was misaligned and I've had to buy a new red sub, because of my own stupidity (took it apart without the proper instruments, and broke the second hand). The blue sub is now my daily beater. It works great and if you can accept the misalignment of the rehaut engraving, too little magnification of the cyclops, that the blue is too purple (which I like, btw) and all the other minor errors, it's a great watch. I enjoy wearing it very much.

The subs are only $29.99 each, which make them a real bargain. Plus Michelle (who works there) is great to deal with.

• Like 1

Got a cheap Corum a few years back as one of my first reps ever.

I don't really like it that much, partly because it is not waterproof.

But precisely because it is not a favourite watch it has become my "never-mind-the-dings" watch, and has proven very robust. Keeps time well and has a surprisingly good lume.

Ok great cheers guys, thanks for the vote of confidence. Again I'm not looking for perfection for $50 odd bucks (if that's even attainable in the rep world), buy just like to assure they are not total lemons. Cheers

Sounds to me you are looking for an inexpensive Replica Watch in the $50 range. You will not beat Silix prices.The watches are

not as accurate, except if this is your price range, I would go for it. He stands behind his watches also...')

Good Luck,

MM