When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Behold my New 3717!

watcher

Today my watchmaker friend has sent me my completed 3717 Franken!!

This would not have been possible without Hugo's help with parts! Thanks buddy!!

I have wanted to build a 3717 again since I had a franken with rep case and gen movement last year which I sold with regret.

I had the chance to get a 2nd hand as new bracelet(hate straps!) so I decided it was time to build another with a gen case set etc. All you see is genuine on this beauty but it does have a standard swiss 7750 at present but will have a gen 79320 inside sometime in the New Year!

I absolutely love this watch and the quality of the case set is wonderful and well worth the blood, sweat and tears to afford it all!!! It is so well finished and the gen crystal makes the dial jump out at you!

No rep dial made comes even close the the gen dial!! The crispness of the recessed sub dials to the markers and the overall finish of the surface need to be seen in the flesh to appreciate the quality of it!

The bracelets are expensive but built and finished to a standard only the very highest brands can reach and that does not include Rolex!(they are way down the list!)

Please enjoy the quick pics I have taken so far! If you ever get the chance to have one built then go for it!!

009-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

003-7.jpg

008-4.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks for the head up, it looks great but i want to make clear i did not provide you those hands.

This has been discussed before so i am not going to extend about it. I will send you an email to put you up to date on those issues.

There are not many genesteins with gen bracelet so this will be a special one B)

Hey Watcher, you and I both have been on this forum for years... I have seen

many of your watches (good memory) except I have never seen you this

excited about one of your watches. You usually have a calm demeanor, except

I really hear excitement in your voice like I have ver heard before! ;)

The 3717 is just gorgeous, the band is stupendous and I love the recessed

sub dials.

Watcher, This is one of your finest builds I have seen!

Keep up the good work and excitement... I have

always admired you watches here!

Cheers and Happy Holidays my friend....

MM

Hey Watcher, you and I both have been on this forum for years... I have seen

many of your watches (good memory) except I have never seen you this

excited about one of your watches. You usually have a calm demeanor, except

I really hear excitement in your voice like I have ver heard before! ;)

The 3717 is just gorgeous, the band is stupendous and I love the recessed

sub dials.

Watcher, This is one of your finest builds I have seen!

Keep up the good work and excitement... I have

always admired you watches here!

Cheers and Happy Holidays my friend....

MM

I think I'm more excited about this project more than previous frankens is that it is almost completely genuine apart from the movement but even that will be replaced soon with a gen 79320 heart!

Everytime I build a franken around a rep base something is always missing in either detailing or the fact that I cannot make it perfect in every respect(OCD I think!!). I always sell them becasue it annoys me!!

This is different and the quality is so impressive on IWC's that is has given me a different buzz! I think Ubi will know what I mean as I see this level in his projects too!

I don't mean to lessen the other frankens on this board as they are wonderful watches in their own right but it is just a feeling I have everytime! Hard to explain maybe!

I wish the same to you and all the memebers here!!

Edited by watcher