When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gonna make my own pearl for my Trevor time submariner ceramic

alifizan

Contacted Trevor after I woke to find that my luminous pearl had fallen off my Bezel, tried looking for it but I'm afraid has been permanently lost in my [censored] pile carpets lol.

anyway I was given a quote by old Trevor for twenty five dollars for the full Bezel as he couldn't just send me the pearl so as per advice by people on here I decided to do my first mod job lol,I have to say I'm still reluctant about doing because I don't wanna mess up the rest of the watch but any how I've now ordered the materials, have ordered a small tub of glow in the dark blue paint which during the day makes the pearl look an off white colour yet at night has a bright blue aqua marine glow and to make the actual pearl I've ordered some two part epoxy by devcon which was cheap, so at the moment I'm just waiting for the stuff, I've got a fairly good idea how I'm gonna go about doing this job but I'd still love any advice.

Gonna post some before and after pictures once I've completed it, wish me luck guys lol

The problem with regular epoxy, its not clear

You should try to find "Araldite Crystal" this is a special epoxy really clear like a glass window and made especially for jewlers to glue precious stones on rings for exemple.

First put a drop of luminous material in the pearl hole, let it cure well, they just cover with a well rouded drop of crystal epoxy.

Use an oil pic or a sewing needle to do that. The stuff should be setted in place by capilarity

I just made this one two days ago using the method RolexAddict outlined. One small drop of lume, then a nice drop of epoxy. I used a toothpick, and 5 minute epoxy which will give a more yellow color, but that's what I wanted for the vintage look.

Don't be nervous. Just keep a bit of naptha or paint thinner handy if you mess anything up. It will remove the epoxy easily.

subpearl.jpg

I just made this one two days ago using the method RolexAddict outlined. One small drop of lume, then a nice drop of epoxy. I used a toothpick, and 5 minute epoxy which will give a more yellow color, but that's what I wanted for the vintage look.

Don't be nervous. Just keep a bit of naptha or paint thinner handy if you mess anything up. It will remove the epoxy easily.

subpearl.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

great job ! vintage look !

yes, I agree, not necessary to use crystal epoxy, this is looking great !!!