When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Collectibles Not Including Watches

PhilFree

I was wondering if the fine folks here collect items besides watches. I collect quite a bit of items from old baseball cards, stamps, currency, rare & signed books, fragrances, pens, and designer clothing and bags. I've been collecting books and cards from my early teens. My father when he passed away left me his collection of baseballs cards and currency that were passed down from his father. From there my collection snowballed into other categories. Next to my watches I prefer my collection of books. I am not a fan of e-readers, I prefer to hold a book in my hands when reading. I don't get the same feeling when I am reading off of a screen. I hope one day to have children to pass down my collections, I hope they will appreciate it as much as I do.

So how about you, what do you collect?

I have collection of about 50 of the Franklin Mint classic automobile plates (fine porcelain) They are limited editions that are numberd and authorized by the Chevrolet Motor Division. I guess the're around tweenty years old.

Probably not worth that much but i sure do enjoy them..

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I have collection of about 50 of the Franklin Mint classic automobile plates (fine porcelain) They are limited editions that are numberd and authorized by the Chevrolet Motor Division. I guess the're around tweenty years old.

Probably not worth that much but i sure do enjoy them..

Mike

We need to see a photo of them mike!

Spooky

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Old thread I know but I thought I'd add my .02c

I collect

Watches that are a bit odd, like me

MB pens - Limited Editions, have around 40

Silk Ties - have around 100

Model Railway items from the UK - Hornby, Triang, Dublo etc.

Architectural antiques - interior and exterior elements

Books and periodicals on architecture - mainly European and US books to do with the period 1730 - 1930

The one thing you may realise I don't collect after seeing all of the above .... is a large bank account.

:D