When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a vintage gmt out there from the dealers that is ok?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Case looks a little thick to me and those yellow markers are a turn-off. So far the concensus around here is that sticking to the Josh 1655 Explorer II case and building a 1675 is the best course. But it runs around $500 for all of the parts.

Here's the same watch with white markers- much more to my liking

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=8348&zenid=737009241f5ed06d73622450e4c75956

And you have to admit, it is half what building a 1675 costs. The dial is better, doesn't say 'Oyster Perpetual Date'.

And who's gonna really notice the too thick case?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Case looks a little thick to me and those yellow markers are a turn-off. So far the concensus around here is that sticking to the Josh 1655 Explorer II case and building a 1675 is the best course. But it runs around $500 for all of the parts.

Here's the same watch with white markers- much more to my liking

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=8348&zenid=737009241f5ed06d73622450e4c75956

And you have to admit, it is half what building a 1675 costs. The dial is better, doesn't say 'Oyster Perpetual Date'.

And who's gonna really notice the too thick case?

Thanks m8, i could easy pay 500$ for a nice gmt :)

The one you posted its about 2mm thick right? Thats the god damn thing that bugs me, i can easy see that its to thick!

listen to Akira ;)

Listen to Star ;)

+1

What 'e said

Ths is a expensive project. Still need the dial. The case is a lil thick but I can liv with that. I can't liv with the dial. So far I've replaced the bezel,insert,xstal,datedisk and the bracelet. Had to paint gmt hand it came in a metallic red color and the indices had to b redone. U cannot wear it out of the box like that. Looks to ridiculous

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Well i have put this project on the shelf!

Im NO watchsmith i can onely do small fixes on watches but building on is NO NO for me!

Bet I can onely pray and hope that Star69 will sell me a nice vintage rolex in the future!