When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep for Submariner at the moment?

BruceY

If any members can point me to the links / dealers who are offering the most accurate rep of the Submariner that would be great. I've been looking thru many post and haven't found the answer yet.

I have a preference for eta 2836-2 moment which will be serviced prior to shipment.

A friend recommended Trustytime, but I've read mixed reviews on them on forums.

I'm a noob on this forum, so any help / assistance is greatly appreciated.

Even tho the dealers here can be trusted for good watches and good after-sales-service, NEVER pay them to service your watch pre-shipment. That is just foolish. You have no idea what level of quality you are going to get out of that "service".

Before I can answer your question, you have to answer one for me: what is your price range for this "good sub".

Even tho the dealers here can be trusted for good watches and good after-sales-service, NEVER pay them to service your watch pre-shipment. That is just foolish. You have no idea what level of quality you are going to get out of that "service".

Before I can answer your question, you have to answer one for me: what is your price range for this "good sub".

250-350 usd. It depends on the price to benefit ratio (price to utility ratio). I'm flexible on pricing.

BK has moved on to a newer "best" model. It's called the BK Taiwan Best Sub ... he offers lots of upgrades on top of the base watch but it's the best out there right now.

If you don't want to pony up that kind of money, the N-Factory Sub is still the go-to Sub for mid range prices.

N-Factory Sub with genuine Swiss movement -- http://www.timesshop.net/6417-rwi-promotionro6524-rolex-submariner-black-ss-noobfactory-swiss-eta-2836.html

If you're after the most acurrate looking sub enough to ask "who offers it" do yourself a favor (and save yourself some time and money in the long haul) and get the BK TW.

While there may be other "decent" subs costing less, the little tells will eventually begin to bother you...and you'll take a slight loss selling them to buy something better.

Start with the BK TW and as the sub grows on you, spring for the gen parts as you're able to...and be content from start to finish....just my opinion. Have fun and enjoy.

BK has moved on to a newer "best" model. It's called the BK Taiwan Best Sub ... he offers lots of upgrades on top of the base watch but it's the best out there right now.

If you don't want to pony up that kind of money, the N-Factory Sub is still the go-to Sub for mid range prices.

N-Factory Sub with genuine Swiss movement -- http://www.timesshop...s-eta-2836.html

Where can I purchase the BK Sub?

Thanks in advance for your advice/input and assistance.

He is not a dealer, so he does not have a fancy web site. BK is a modder and he can be contacted right here on this forum. Send a PM to the member BKLM1234

Look in his personal forum here on this web site .. BK's Watch Garage

• Like 1

Thanks Jkay!

My only questions is how does noobfactory make money if they are selling a rep submariner for $178 with swiss 2836-2 movement?

The movement alone typically cost over $125+.

Is there any previous authentication that it's a swiss eta vs other movements?

Once again, any help is always greatly appreciated.

My only questions is how does noobfactory make money if they are selling a rep submariner for $178 with swiss 2836-2 movement?

The movement alone typically cost over $125+.

You are quoting a single unit retail price. A factory would be paying a bulk price. Maybe 1000 or more pieces at a time?

As for the rest of the watch .. a normal A21j 3-handed watch in Asia sells on the street for $45. Making the body of a watch costs way less than you imagine. Even for the so-called Swiss makers.

And yes; of course you can tell an asian clone ETA from a real one.

You are quoting a single unit retail price. A factory would be paying a bulk price. Maybe 1000 or more pieces at a time?

As for the rest of the watch .. a normal A21j 3-handed watch in Asia sells on the street for $45. Making the body of a watch costs way less than you imagine. Even for the so-called Swiss makers.

And yes; of course you can tell an asian clone ETA from a real one.

Jkay,

In your opinion, if a bk mariner is 8.0 out of 10, where would the noobfactory mariner rate?

Also the link you provide for noobfactory at ts, cost about $187. Is there a any significant difference between the $187 model (http://www.timesshop.net/6417-rwi-promotionro6524-rolex-submariner-black-ss-noobfactory-swiss-eta-2836.html) vs the $278 model (http://www.timesshop.net/8190-ro9485-rolex-submariner-black-ceramic-bezel-perfect-swiss-eta-2836-2.html) ???

Thanks for your input.

Jkay,

In your opinion, if a bk mariner is 8.0 out of 10, where would the noobfactory mariner rate?

Also the link you provide for noobfactory at ts, cost about $187. Is there a any significant difference between the $187 model (http://www.timesshop...s-eta-2836.html) vs the $278 model (http://www.timesshop...eta-2836-2.html) ???

Thanks for your input.

Of course .. hehe ... the more expensive one is the new *** ceramic *** Submariner .. just read the title :clap2:

And as for judging the BK Taiwan Best vs a Noobfactory sub ... I am no expert at all on modern Submariners. I don't qualify to pass judgement.