When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

small family group shot !

Mr Z

Watch all ordered - My first rep. Can't wait. Who did the mods for you? Toro?? I am going to try and get hold of a strap quick. Anyone have one sitting around then please, please let me know. I really liked the black/blue stitch and also the choc sharkskin too - different. I saw the pics here but missed them when they went for sale . Then I will try and get some pics up although I am no photographer!

Funny, I was going to just recommend HKTAN. I spoke to him today about a custom build - one he hasn't done before :) I know right? Can't believe it :) I think, by the way, if he does this right, people will want it, it's based on a popular strap, but I need it in blue and it's only available in black. There is something to be said for longevity. And he was building "super straps" since we were paying top dollar for watches that today we would laugh at on canal street. :)

Good luck with the build

Funny, I was going to just recommend HKTAN. I spoke to him today about a custom build - one he hasn't done before :) I know right? Can't believe it :) I think, by the way, if he does this right, people will want it, it's based on a popular strap, but I need it in blue and it's only available in black. There is something to be said for longevity. And he was building "super straps" since we were paying top dollar for watches that today we would laugh at on canal street. :)

Good luck with the build

Thanks. I am going to try and contact him. So many combinations look good with the MH. I wish I had the strap already. Toros delivery I've been told is quite rapid and I don't really want to take her out without her new shoes. The quality of the reps and the straps you cen get for them are simply amazing.

I have a couple of friends with real APs (1 black themes, 1 diver and a rose gold pride of Mexico) and I am sure none of them would be able to tell the diference between rep and gen watches or straps.

Edited by Rav

That's awesome. Is that the dlc gold? I wish I could wear gold. I love how it looks on the watch stand. I have an awesome blue gold nardin. I gave it to my father. Every time I see him wear it, I'm like man that is an awesome watch. But, I feel like its too much on me.

I had a client who had the gen gold AP rubber clad. Was my introduction to loving AP. :) if I had to only pic 1 brand. It would be AP. 2nd sinn. Then breitling Pam. I'm finding that more and more I'm into the straps. There are plenty of watches I like. But finding that perfect strap with a great watch you actually love on the wrist, not just in 10x digitally backlit photos, now there is a challenge.

I'm building my new Lightbox 2/3 of the way done. I will be "rebooting" my collection. And a watch i searched for 7 yrs was just completed. I actually built one early on. But there was always. Something not 100% right. I got a similar watch last year. And I liked it but it wast the first piece I grabbed. This one, I randomly got a new strap for it, not even the one I really wanted, cause panatime was sold out. I waited for months for them to get it in. I gave up. And BAMB. I realized what was missing in06. And realized this is what I always wanted.

I could go nuts with AP and straps. I remember those first MBK safari's. Uhhhh I wanted one so bad. :) Anyway I'm really excited to show off my new supers+ straps, I really believe I have at least 4 pieces that would be the jewel of many collections - of course some of us have a desk soo Full of AP's (you know who you are) that they are piled on top of each other, thrown like laundry in the corner of the room:). I do have rubber clad, Reuben barricello, and whenever my guy can get stock the diver. - there is one more with the small writing in the sundials. Blue dial, but can't afford that one and I really want an AP with bracelet

I havew

That's awesome. Is that the dlc gold? I wish I could wear gold. I love how it looks on the watch stand. I have an awesome blue gold nardin. I gave it to my father. Every time I see him wear it, I'm like man that is an awesome watch. But, I feel like its too much on me.

I had a client who had the gen gold AP rubber clad. Was my introduction to loving AP. :) if I had to only pic 1 brand. It would be AP. 2nd sinn. Then breitling Pam. I'm finding that more and more I'm into the straps. There are plenty of watches I like. But finding that perfect strap with a great watch you actually love on the wrist, not just in 10x digitally backlit photos, now there is a challenge.

I'm building my new Lightbox 2/3 of the way done. I will be "rebooting" my collection. And a watch i searched for 7 yrs was just completed. I actually built one early on. But there was always. Something not 100% right. I got a similar watch last year. And I liked it but it wast the first piece I grabbed. This one, I randomly got a new strap for it, not even the one I really wanted, cause panatime was sold out. I waited for months for them to get it in. I gave up. And BAMB. I realized what was missing in06. And realized this is what I always wanted.

I could go nuts with AP and straps. I remember those first MBK safari's. Uhhhh I wanted one so bad. :) Anyway I'm really excited to show off my new supers+ straps, I really believe I have at least 4 pieces that would be the jewel of many collections - of course some of us have a desk soo Full of AP's (you know who you are) that they are piled on top of each other, thrown like laundry in the corner of the room:). I do have rubber clad, Reuben barricello, and whenever my guy can get stock the diver. - there is one more with the small writing in the sundials. Blue dial, but can't afford that one and I really want an AP with bracelet

I am on a diver hunt also - will lookout for the pics - good luck.

well done .. great choice rav .... yes i requested the mods to be done ... when ordering the rg version ..as it was a custom order!! yes toro ! im sure what ever strap combo u go for will look excellent!

Thanks Z

You are rthe one that got me started with the side by side pics.

Looking forward to it.

Did yoiu order the diver?

Was changing the straps hard? I'm gutted I didn't think this through and order the strap earlier :fool:

your welcome rav

im glad i helpt you get on the righteous path ...with my comparison !! all diver are out of stock .. but there is some1 selling one on the forum .but he don't have hes paypal set up yet so im waiting !!

strap change was easy ish .. just depends on where u are getting it from .. ap bands easy .. hktan little more tricky .. but hes are beautifully made ... yes hurry and get that strap ordered .. with out that the watch is not worth wearing .. to be totally honest ..!!!

well im sure some more sun-rays and u can pull of rg ap no problems .. that's nice you have past it on to your father !!

yes i really do think the strap makes or breaks the watch so ... its not a easy choice but like u say sometime u cannot see past what u think will work .. its a classic im to close to the picture to see the whole picture !!step back and look again ! i think ive made the perfect choice with the rg mh strap choice !

so ur almost done with ur light-box .. does it make a big difference in taking the pics? i do have a bigish collection .. but not that many ap yet but growing .. there are also in the dask but nice a neatly put away !!

I kind of like the redgold cased MH....but the weather is not nice enough in EU for gold....beside Italy/Spain maybe :D

Need to do a small family group shot as well.....

Theo

well mr theo

im sure when u see it in the wild u wont like it more like you will be loving it .... yes way to cold here in the uk whether its summer or winter here lol i needed to bright up the uk so when i wear it glows lol

very funny your small family shot of 60 watches ... thats a very small family you have !!! """SHOW US THE MONEY """?

Edited by zorrolondon

well im sure some more sun-rays and u can pull of rg ap no problems .. that's nice you have past it on to your father !!

yes i really do think the strap makes or breaks the watch so ... its not a easy choice but like u say sometime u cannot see past what u think will work .. its a classic im to close to the picture to see the whole picture !!step back and look again ! i think ive made the perfect choice with the rg mh strap choice !

so ur almost done with ur light-box .. does it make a big difference in taking the pics? i do have a bigish collection .. but not that many ap yet but growing .. there are also in the dask but nice a neatly put away !!

Light box makes those amazing larger than life photos. Basically it's a light diffuser. It softens the light so you don't get those harsh tones. It's how you make the photos that you see on eBay and in magazines. You can buy one for cheap. Like 50$ or less. You can just shoot simple like you see on dealer sites, or, you can get creative. I got some fabrics and wood and materials to do some fun stuff. I built this new one based on what I learned last time. Thinner white cloth so I can use less wattage. A structure that is more flexible relating to photo graph angles. Built in black roof. TTK taught me about "reflecting black back at your watch" which made no sense till I did it. Basically you need a black surface to hold over the watch dial so even with AR you can see the top of the light box. If you find where the reflection is coming from and put the black there. The crystal disappears. Yes this is how everyone does it.

Here is with light box and without. Same watch ;)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4743/skylandee5.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6585/aveng3.jpg

hey phoband

thank you very much for the link i see what u mean .. i might try and see what kind of images i can produce at some stage .. im a novice to taking pics but i have picked up a few hints on the way .. plus i did some photo shop stuff but i really not that great with ps .. not learning a few tricks ..... cheers my friend

I knew nothing. When you see my old photos ( exhibit of collections 2005-2012) you will laugh. But, you need a tripod and to know how to change the shutter speed. From there you experiment. White balance depth of field focus (portrait mode) makes the background blurry to focus the eye to where you want it.

Photoshop 5 is a must, you can fix white balance issues obviously cropping, - sometimes, you have stuff in the shot, like supports or seems in the floor or the edge of your lightbox instead of the background your shooting. The. You can clone. Or better in ps5 there is a smart fill option that is amazing. Huge time saver - then resizing and save for web. Basic ps stuff.

In the lightbox you have 100% control over the environment. Then it's up to your creativity.

But those are easy things to pick up, you tube is full of tutorials. I'm sure there are some from pug wash or TTK laying around here.

If your willing to experiment, for little investment you can do ALOT.

hi phoband

so what u think of my first attempted the last pic i have taken there .. which was just on some white card to surround the watch so i can cut out other light source's and then -4 on light shutter with flash .and a little photo shop ?

Pw1160204new.jpg

Edited by zorrolondon

Looks great. I'd take the brightness down a bit, but focus is good, colors look good. I like the angle its very low to the watch and gives a larger than life look up effect. Most photos are taken looking down. I think you might be onto something. :)

Not sure is the color at the bezel at 3 is from maximizing to much or being to bright, but there is a little pixelation. You want to make sure you color transitions are smooth.

Excellent work!

Fun isn't it :)

• 3 weeks later...