When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Stands - where to buy?

Bainzey

Ninja - I realise that, I have a box / case (with glass and cushions) aswell as a winder.

(bear in mind im working with gens) the stands should be fine and look nice with one or two of the watches positioned there constantly and changed around every day or so.

Did you search? I'm one of the few who post on the topic.

Google glass display acrylic display check user findking on eBay

http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1

So far i think this is the best variety

http://www.displaycasecorp.com/

Yep, I checked google and ebay. Ebay were requesting crazy prices.

I'll check out the site you gave.

Thanks!

the acrylic stands that hold watches mostly wont work for heavier watches. like omegas and up. . the best individual stands are leather or velvet covering adjustable metal and a solid base. i have had 4or 5 different ones. usually by find king. the website is good for shelving and interesting cubes and such.

winders are crap unless you spend over 75$ per winder. and watches dont care winder or not. including need for service. the only thing winders are good for are not having to set the watch. also on some models you need a winder that rests, changes speed and direction. although this last point im weakest on, i seem to recall just perpetual winding in the same direction is not good.

Those are a total pain. No weight and they slide on the acrylic

If I hear you right, you are saying the watch slides on the acrylic ring?

So you just tighten the strap/bracelet so it is a tight fit, which is why they have "spring" built in. And a bit of D/S tape will soon stop any tendency to slide ( if your shelf is uneven)

Pho i wonder how you see them as a total pain...I have been using more than 200 in my shop for display, and we have sold more than 1000 to various watch shops for display.

No one has complained or even commented about them.

However I bow to your superior knowledge in all things horological . :notworthy:

Offshore

Right, sure - offshore we all know who the senior authority in this thread is :). (for those that don't offshore is a Jedi master)

I will clarify, I have not worked with those exact stands. However, I have had 4 different brands similar. And, exactly what you state is what I call a pain. Changing the size of the band, or adding a sticky substance. For holding everyday watches isn't practical. That's why I moved to the velvet/ leather ones you can use the opposite technic you bend out the metal so it's firm to the size of your band. I use almost all deploy ants or SS.

Also, center of gravity can be awkward with oversized watches. My acrylics would tip over or slide. Sometimes working. My metal ones always worked.

With center of gravity, you can adjust how the watch sits so it's stable to the middle. If your talking rolex no big deal if your talking ploprof Pam 187g or even SS pams big deal.

They are just more flexible, in all sense of the term. :)

• 2 years later...