When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thursdays wristos

TeeJay

I'm going for a bit of a break from the norm today, with a watch I found while looking for some stuff in the closet. 

photo-30.jpg

photo-29.jpg

I picked this up a few years back on the bay, and the case and strap assembly are clones of those used in the Suunto Vector (an orienteering watch worn by an actor on Stargate:Atlantis) I actually bought three, two black, one black and grey, and this is the one I've decided to keep in good condition as my 'camping/EndoftheWorld/Zombie Apocalypse watch' as the solar cells should keep it going, regardless of the internal battery ( :whistling: )  Modifications performed thus far, are replacing the internal 'movement concealing plate' with one without any branding on it, putting additional keepers on the strap to reduce the chances of strap snagging, and using nail varnish remover to remove the button function labels, and I'm pretty happy with the progress :) A future mod will be to invert the display, but that will have to wait for spare cash, as I have more pressing financial commitments than modding a watch :lol: