When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof

poretl

Regardless of what the dealers say, regardless of what one should or should not do with their rep watches, does anyone have any experience with getting their Pan reps wet? From simply wasking the watch, wash their hands with it, taking a shower, or swim with it? How well do they do with water?

I have swam with most of my reps pam and others but i have the ability to do my own QC WR testing both dry and wet, there have been a few that never past any testing due to bad design but in the main they can be water resistance

PAM's can certainly be made to be relatively waterproof. I too swim with them but never before I have them checked out. Your rep may be fine out of the box but you will never know until you find out the hard way. Virtually all of the PAM's are swimmable provided they are properly greased and sealed. You just have no idea what kind of shape your watch is in when it comes from the dealer.I can tell you I have been surprised more than once by watches that are and aren't waterproof. :(

I received recently PAM 237 from one of the TD's and it got all full of water after I rinsed it for a few seconds when washing hands. So don't put your PAM rep in water before you check it for water resistance or someone do it for you. Even if it comes from the best dealer.

Dealers do not take your watch apart to check for a proper build. What if your gaskets are missing? They could be. You can't know until you check.

Asking if your rep is waterproof is not a proper question .. it can not be answered.

All we can say is You have to check!

Many replica watches are designed to be waterproof. But were they properly built at the factory?

Dealers do not take your watch apart to check for a proper build. What if your gaskets are missing? They could be. You can't know until you check.

Asking if your rep is waterproof is not a proper question .. it can not be answered.

All we can say is You have to check!

Many replica watches are designed to be waterproof. But were they properly built at the factory?

Exactly. :)

• 2 months later...

I went to my local rep friendly watchsmith in the week and asked him to check the water resistance of my H-Factory Pam 005. He said it was pointless testing it as the crown would still turn with the CG lever closed. Is he right? Should my crown not be turning when the CG lever is closed?

I went to my local rep friendly watchsmith in the week and asked him to check the water resistance of my H-Factory Pam 005. He said it was pointless testing it as the crown would still turn with the CG lever closed. Is he right? Should my crown not be turning when the CG lever is closed?

No. I have gone swimming with gens without a crown guard, seriously. I lost a CG screw and didn't want to risk it with the other. If the appropriate gaskets, etc. are in place it is no different than any other non-screw-down crown watch. But if what your smith is telling you is that the area around the crown and crown tube looks suspect than it wouldn't matter whether there was a CG. Test it. :)