When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have narrowed the choice to three...any help in deciding...? :)

cleobis

Hi, I'm looking into buying a pam....I've been wanting to get one for a long time and now it's that time. I've been looking around a lot and reading everything I can but can't make a final decision.... lool.... Do you guys have any favorite or advice? These are the three "finalists" :

Pam 111M

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_49&products_id=8149

Pam 318

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=8871

Pam 005M

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=8148

I love all three and they all look very good...I would like to know what do you think about qual and fidelity...I'm sure any one of them is a good choice but, which do you think is the allround winner?

Thks in advance :)

Stop dithering around and pull the trigger on the one you most like. Why worry what we like we are not going to be wearing it. The 318 and 005 are basically the same and the 111 is a sandwich dial. If you are anything like the rest of us you'll have both before too long. There are enough reviews about that say what fantastic watches these are. Stop with the procrastination pick a number and go for it.

In addition, this is totally my personal preference but I think that the classic dial in 005 is way cooler then sandwich dials. I have a 111 that's about 7 years old now with the classic dial and I have Black Seal with sandwich dial. I think sandwich dials look weak. Again this totally my personal view, others may think different.

Plus the look and finish of the movements is still far from gen, you can easily tell rep movement. If you get a watch with closed back you don't have to ever think about it.

Also the shape of the tip of the crown guard lever is incorrect in that 111, at least in the pics on the site, it looks better in his QA pics, must be better run. In 005 although not perfect it is slightly better and closer to the gen. And that sticks out really a lot to my eye. Hope that helps you.

Edited by lfovco

Thks all for the replies :) You've helped me to choose...I will go for the 005. I was mainly torn between the 111 and the 005...I do like sandwich dials but, I also prefer closed backs....so.....005 it is...will let you guys know when I get it, will post pics :) Again, thks to all !!