When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen sinn rubber straps

fotoman

I was wandering around the Internet waiting for caucus results when I saw that sinn sells the rubber straps with buckle for a not unreasonable amount. The last few sinns were not the latest and greatest in rep rubber. Right now I have my HKTAN die cast strap which is super awesome. But I could have gotten the gen strap for the same price :)

hxxp://www.sinnwatches.com/proddetail.php?prod=si920

not sure how much difference there is between gen and rep rubber, but I've got a rep Sinn U1 and it's by FAR the most comfortable rubber strap I've worn, way better than my experience with rep Breitling or Omega rubber. I've even seen a few Rolex guys over at TRF who use Sinn rubber straps for their Submariners.

I dont have the rep strap. But I have 3 OEM rubber straps. I think I got them all less than $75 each. Of course the best rubber strap out there is Isofrane, bar none.

The OEM sinn rubber is very comfortable

There is a seller on WUS that sells OEM sinn straps at a really great price. Also I think I have a OEM rubber Sinn that'll fit a 7" wrist around somewhere I would let go around $50 plus shipping. But I have to FIND it !!!!

Edited by HartDoc

Sweet great info.

On the rep strap I had 2 issues. It's not old school dust attracting but it's not as good as the AP rubber. And the rigidness right at the case makes it stick out to far on my wrist. Could be a design issue they share.

On this or one of the other sites I saw just the rubber - no clasp for like 60? The wus is a great lead :)

I just PM'd you some info. Yea, the sinn clasps are a work of art. They are a lot more than the strap.

Sweet great info.

On the rep strap I had 2 issues. It's not old school dust attracting but it's not as good as the AP rubber. And the rigidness right at the case makes it stick out to far on my wrist. Could be a design issue they share.

On this or one of the other sites I saw just the rubber - no clasp for like 60? The wus is a great lead :)

Edited by HartDoc

Awesome, I was checking that out and the isofrane - very cool. Ug, wish I had more cash, that wus dealer has limited stock of the rubber.

PSA I have lots of watches for sale :) if anyone wants to get a good deal, I'm open :)

I used to maintain a strap dealer link list. I am going to revisit that and see if I can't put together an updated list. This was back when there weren't lots of folks doing custom work.

I missed a lot of time in the last couple yrs, has anyone done a across the board review on rubber straps?

Hartdoc, how would you compare the gen sinn rubber to breitling or the rep AP? Those isofrane look really cool. They are the best cause they are soft? Or actually useful for diving.

Thx again good stuff, that's why I love this place

Sweet, would love a gen strap for my U2, one of my fav watches in my collection. I have a friend that wont wear anything but a bracelet and lent him my U2 and he is converted, he couldnt beleive how comfortable it was (and that was the rep band).

Edited by opti