When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Folded oyster link needed!

Nanuq

Gents, a lovely 7836 from Mary just arrived on these frigid shores, and it's really nice, but my enormous manly wrists find it too tight on my Snowflake.

I bastardized in a riveted link from a castoff 7206 but everything that's right and true with my Vintage world has been violated by the addition of rivets to a folded bracelet.

So... does anyone have a folded oyster link they will part with? From a 9315 or 7836, I don't care, I can make it work.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks gents! A link from the narrow end would be great, ideally the fixed end (not the adjustment end within the clasp). Got any? I'd appreciate it, and will be happy to PP some case to cover it, and shipping.

Ohhhhhh, you REALLY don't want what's left of the 7206. Its smoking remains aren't fit for discussion in polite company.

Let's just say there was a lovely 12-year Glenfiddich and screwdrivers, pliers, a hammer and a punch involved.

I salvaged two "expanding" links that I fit into my non-expanding 7206 from Yuki, so now it works like a Doxa band. The last remaining piece of usable steel from the poor thing went into my 7836 at the narrow "fixed" end and works like a charm. You have to look close to see the rivet heads and it blends right in. And now it fits too! :tu: