When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I Just Received My Replica But I Still Have Questions (PICS INSIDE)

JayDub

Hello all.

So I recently purchased from Trusty Time and the transaction was amazing. This is my first 'real' replica purchase (as I like to call it since one I got years back was terrible). It was a super smooth ordeal that would definitely keep me going back but I have a few questions. Here is more on the review of Trusty Time and pics of the watch: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/141445-just-ordered/

My questions are about the band. Everywhere I go online when they talk about spotting replicas, nothing really (or vaguely does) mentions the band. Honestly, that is where I am able to spot something is not right on any watch. If the band feels kinky or makes a hallow sound, it is an instant red flag. I received my Rolex Day Date 36mm that is advertised as 316L solid stainless steel bracelet included. But when I play with the watch, the band doesn't feel right. It feels like it is not right. It kinks slightly and you can just feel the vibration as it is not as soft as feeling a gen. It also does not feel as solid.

Now, I was talking to a kind gentleman from here who recommended oiling the bracelet and an old (banned) dealer used to offer it as a service. He also told me that my expectations of a REAL Rolex seems too high and that the band isn't really the problem probably. But I have felt gen Rolexes and the band feels so soft, smooth and solid.

Now, I know obviously it is not going to be exactly like a real one. But is there something I am missing? Should I be requesting a better band make? Should I be using a different dealer that is known to nail the Rolex bracelets?

Handing this to a friend, they instantly said it was fake. Just by feeling it. Honestly, I am not the type to own a replica nor give that vibe with people I associate with. Actually, when I was told, the dude thought it was real for sure. He owns an authentic gold Daytona. But as soon as he felt it he said you can feel the band is not right.

I would love to get some opinions on this matter. Including what oil I should use, if any, to avoid what I am talking about.

Thanks guys. Without this forum I would be lost.

I have handed GENUINE Rolex's to friends with GEN 9315, 93150, 62150, and they ALL thought the watch was fake based on the GEN bracelet. There is a thread on TRF about the rattle of the GENS. Yes, GENS rattle too.

I think this is hyper-sensitivity. Rolex bracelets are notoriously NOT the highest quality bracelets out there. Hell Seiko kicks their a$$ in the bracelet arena.

You friend has a GOLD Daytona. GOLD is significantly heavier to begin with. So take his assessment with a grain of salt.

I also own a GEN Omega that has a bracelet that consistently binds up.

While there are no doubt crap REP bracelets out there, don't fret too much. If it looks good on your wrist, wear it well and don't hand it to people.

See :) as we discussed, 1 gold is a lot heavier and there is something w rolex where people default to thinking it's fake. Of course most Americans think rolex is one of the top watch brands :) while they may have better volume, they get blown away on quality, price, design and desirability to watch collectors.

:) time to rock out w your new rep!!