When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New insert for Bk TW Best sub

kornblomst

Hi,

Been a long time since I posted here after I received my Bk TW Best.

I sent it off for a lump job, and it came back with nice tritec lume on dial and hands.

But the pearl on the insert was not re-lumed and that bothers me ;). Furthermorethe insert fell off minutes after I received it back. I was told that I could just click it back in - but that didn't work (it won't click in!)

So gave it some daps of nail varnish, but that only lasts for a couple of weeks and then the inserts falls out again. I've also tried with silicone glue, which lasts a bit long - but same story in the end.

Now I'm wondering if the insert has been slightly bended since it won't click in, or what do you see could be the problem?

Should I consider this as a chance/oppertunity to get a hold of a gen insert, in which case which insert should I buy (I can't really figure out any of the models out there), and will it click in?

Any advice would be appreciated

/Korn

Even a gen insert might not just click in- you're dealing with an aftermarket bezel- close to gen but maybe not exact.

You could try the G-S Hypo cement and if that doesn't hold, epoxy would be next. Might help if you can clamp it in with a die from the crystal press and a C-clamp and a couple slices of wood- just be careful not to glue the bezel so it won't turn. You could remove the bezel and then glue the insert on and reinstall the bezel and insert assembly to avoid the glueing the bezel on.

I had a similar problem.

I installed a gen bezel in my TW Best and mine click in, but it still rotates freely.

Alligoat's statement was spot on. You are still installing a gen part in a [very good] rep case. Even the rep insert was glued in...

As for the gen bezel, the rep bezel is fine just get a sapphire pearl from watchmaterial. Ask yourself would you spend around a hundred euros for a small circle of aluminum? When the one you have is pretty much indistinguishable.

Are those pearls any good from watch material buddy? Do they fit in the Tw insert without mods and does the lume match the Tw lume?

Sorry for all the questions buddy

Cheers

Ry

some are decent some are asymmetrically filled, the paste is also green where as the markers are white. from a rulers distance they fit the part nicely