When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U2 advice

kappajoe

• 1 month later...

Given it is a GMT the Asian 21j is probably the DG 3804, which in some ways I prefer over the modified ETAs.

However, with the Sinn, it should be high beat rate that you can only get with the Eta. The 3804 21j is a slower beat. But as long as the date wheel overlays are the same, its a coin toss.

Very sturdy built watch. I wear mine for work and the only thing that has suffered yet is the clasp. The locking pin was ripped off in a fight, so now I wear it on a 0.90 cent el cheapo rubberstrap. Beside that its kick-ass.

I might even swap an ETA 2893 in when I get the time, or simply buy a new one when this one falls apart.

The problem with the U2 reps is that the 29 and 31 minute markers are not on the dial! I noticed this for the version which has the fixed capsule. The older versions have the 29 and 31 markers but without the ar capsule. Is there another version out which has corrected these two flaws?

No it's still the same as far as I recall, it's one of those great anomalies of the rep game, fix one thing, fcuk up another :D

Also the pusher is not correct - the reps have more below the 20 than centered like the gen !

I assume you mean the crown (as there is no pusher). The position of the crown is in fact the same as the gen, as a trip to the manufacturers website will show you.

The differences of my V1 U2 rep to the real deal are

1.) Datefont - less bold (like 99% of all reps - can be corrected)

2.) Color of all red markings and the second hand/GMT hand is a bit darker than on the gen (can't be corrected)

3.) No Ar Dehumidifying capsule (below the 6 marker - can't be corrected but can be faked)

4.) Slight difference between rep and gen bezel printing (gen bezel fits rep so can be corrected)

5.) The rep rubber strap is a dust collecting pos (gen strap or other aftermarket strap fit, so can be corrected)

Non visible differences:

1.) Gen: case made from German submarine steel / rep: no submarines hurt in the building process.

2.) Rep coating is only PVD / gen is tegimented PVD so it will last much longer

3.) Pressure Resistance: Gen = 2000m / Rep = mine has been tested to 50m

4.) Anti Magnetic: Gen = yes / Rep = no

5.) Temperature Resistance Technology: Gen = yes / Rep = no

6.) Low Pressure Resistance: Gen = yes / Rep = no

7.) Movement: Gen ETA2893-2 (Swiss) / Rep ETA2836-2 (Asia clone)

This is a pretty good visible replication of the real watch, of course lacking all of the goodies "under the hood". Then again, it also lacks 90% of the gen's price. For me, it's among the definite keepers.