When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which is the best out of the box Parerai rep available now?

Looter

I was wondering after the latest arrivals which is the best out of the box Panerai rep available out there .

I really like almost all models released recently but I also want to know which is the best and most accurate out of the box rep when comparing all the available reps.

If you cannot pick one , pick two.

Just say a few words about your selections.

Thank you!

Edited by Looter

Latest 390, 005, 029, 127, 247LE and 243 cover various styles and look pretty good. They all have small flaws here and there, but the flaws are really small and this is best you can get.

Instead of someone telling you what the flaws are you should try to find them yourself against Gen pictures and see what works for you and what does not. Everyone get's stuck on different thing. Some people will hate incorrect shape of the CG lever like in the 088 GMT, some will complain about center pin being raised like in 390, etc. You have to decide for yourself what it's ok with you and what is not. All reps have flaws and there are no 1:1 reps. Have fun, find the flaws and decide for yourself.

Edited by lfovco

I know, I am torn between the Noob 005 and 247LE, I just dont know which is better??? My thinking is leaning towards the 247LE as it would be super rare to ever be caught out on it because most would have never seen one to compare, I may have my thinking wrong?????? I dont know.....

Some people will tell you that wearing a rare model will get you called out sooner then a popular model, some will tell you that it does not matter. You can listen to countless opinions for weeks. But what matters is really what do you like. Don't worry about being called out wearing a rep, most likely that will never happen. In 7 years of wearing a rep where I live, where you run into someone wearing Panerai every week, up to 3-4 a day sometimes!!! I never got questioned even once. So I say don't worry about it. At the same time don't parade around telling everyone what a cool "expensive" watch you just got ;-) being transparent with reps is a best thing.

Both those reps are pretty good, 005 Noob is really as good as it gets today for a closed back base. 247LE is a nice variation if you are into it.

I know, I am torn between the Noob 005 and 247LE, I just dont know which is better??? My thinking is leaning towards the 247LE as it would be super rare to ever be caught out on it because most would have never seen one to compare, I may have my thinking wrong?????? I dont know.....

Rarity doesnt come into it. All these Hfac and noob-fac pams have the same consistent giveaways, which the gens dont have. CP, CG, etc. So any WIS who knows the common tells will know without needing to see the gen. But yes, the 247 is less likely to be called out than a 111 primarily since its a closed caseback, which removes a huge tell (incabloc).

Edited by kingkaiser