When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The NEW 4000m release .. ?

Jkay

So I looked at Josh's site today, and see a new open pre-order for the 4000M ... this must be the 4th version in the last 6 months, including the "lite" version, of course.

Does anyone have info on this new piece? I've been thinking about picking one up.

that's the best one yet. Crystal is correct hight, He valve is finally correct. The only issue is the weird mismatch lume. You may need to relume the dial.

Thanks for the professional opinion. I am not confronted by lume. It's changeable.

This version will be a so called ULTIMATE.....

crown shorter

case higher

bezel higher

crystal correct

caseback adjusted

The "mismatched" lume seems to be like gen....but can also be the lightning.

I am on the fence for this one and will decide end of Jan.

Theo

Frankly speaking if you plan on getting the Hublot 4000m Oceanographic. One thing to really look our for is the water proofing, pray hard that there is extra work done to ensure that water do not get in.

Just got mine from King, good communication and such however waterproofing was still an issue even though King promised to get it tested personally. Got it all fogged up after bathing while having it on. So I sincerely hope that the new version has that issue sorted out.

to actually take this one swimming will require some real checking.

Absolutely right. Nothing worse than sitting at the pool with your 4000m deep-dive watch and you have to take it off before jumping in while your friends with a gen seiko or explorer are swimming happily. :g: Or if you jump in without properly checking and waterproofing it and end up having a damaged watch. :huh:

Yeah got to agree with Watchmeister, its all the extra features of the dive watch that makes it harder to waterproof. So a lesson learnt here is to get a rep that is simple without extra features. Something like the standard HBB will be a safe bet i guess.

Oh and the watch glass is easily scratched. Don't think you can even call them crystals.

Edited by duvaz

Yeah got to agree with Watchmeister, its all the extra features of the dive watch that makes it harder to waterproof. So a lesson learnt here is to get a rep that is simple without extra features. Something like the standard HBB will be a safe bet i guess.

Oh and the watch glass is easily scratched. Don't think you can even call them crystals.

Actually the HBBs are HORRIBLE for water resistance. You will never be able to secure the chrono pushers and the fact the crown is not screw in make it for a very bad choice.

You simply have to know the tricks to waterproof a troublesome design; like dripping epoxy into the inside of a bad replica HeV. If it can accept gen parts like the PO reps, then you have even more choices to make a rep watertight.

That is correct but quite frankly unless you are a professional diver (and by professional I mean most of your dives are decompression dives) you will NEVER need a working HE valve (and if you are professional you would never depend on a replica anyway).

I think many reps can be made water resistent to at least 5 ATM (which is PLENTY for the casual swimmer). Even if you are a recreational diver you will always be above 60 feet anyway.

I wonder why the Factories would bother to use a 7750 in a 3-handed watch like the 4000 or the Mille Miglia .... why not a 2824 clone ?

Is it the position of the date window?

I believe so. Those cases are way too big for the 2824, so movement rings, stems, all those things would get in the way. And it's not like the A7750 is that expensive for them.

Sapphire crystal can almost not be scratched at all. I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

Yeah Sapphire Crystals are not supposed to be scratched however mine has. So it makes me wonder if the ones i am having one my rep now are real Sapphire Crystals like what the vendor claims to be.

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=6603

I bought this exact model. So I guessed its Sapphire Crystal as per claimed. Well it could be the AR...

If I can get good pictures that are clear enough to show the scratches I will post them here and hope you gurus can enlighten me. Apart from scratches there are patches on them as well, like un-removable water marks.

Tried cleaning them of but .... Nah it doesn't work .

PS: Even though this watch is flawed ! I still can't bear to scratch it with a knife !