When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3253 Mark XV Franken - better pics

superlative

Such a great watch! I really like the strap as well, so elegant with the black dial. Can you elaborate a bit more abot the modifications you've done?

Also: I'm planing to start my Mark XVI spitfire franken project. It would be great if you could point me to dealers or memebers who can provide gen parts for these watches.

Such a great watch! I really like the strap as well, so elegant with the black dial. Can you elaborate a bit more abot the modifications you've done?

Also: I'm planing to start my Mark XVI spitfire franken project. It would be great if you could point me to dealers or memebers who can provide gen parts for these watches.

Yes, Superlative, maybe you could point him to some members who can provide gen parts for these watches.

I hear the hands are very hard to source.

Edited by Texski
  • Like 1

Specs of the above watch:

• PureTime Mark XV Spitfire case. This case has the correct dimensions (19mm lug width, correct case back)
  • Swiss ETA 2892-A2 movement
  • gen IWC dial
  • gen IWC hands (thanks, Texski)
  • gen IWC crown and crown tube (thanks, Texski)
  • rep buckle (I've switched it to the rep IWC deployant clasp)

The photos were taken with a Google Nexus S phone!

I should add, if anybody is interested, I have an extra case with gen crown tube. All you'd need is a dial, hands, crown and movement. This case can be used for the Spitfire XV line as well.

Edited by superlative

• 4 weeks later...

I love the mark xv's elegance and class but it is just too small on my wrist!

This is my dilemma as well. I can't part with my watch, but I don't wear it due to its very small size. Many years ago I used to wear it--back when smaller watches were the norm. I just can't pull it off nowadays with a fairly large wrist and the inherently tiny size of the MKXV. The nice part though is that the watch is quite thick. It somewhat fools the eye into thinking the watch is slightly bigger than it really is. I have been hoping for a very long time that IWC will make a new Mark series watch that is 42mm-44mm. Perhaps one day...

• 2 weeks later...

I love the mark xv's elegance and class but it is just too small on my wrist!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

This is my dilemma as well. I can't part with my watch, but I don't wear it due to its very small size. Many years ago I used to wear it--back when smaller watches were the norm. I just can't pull it off nowadays with a fairly large wrist and the inherently tiny size of the MKXV. The nice part though is that the watch is quite thick. It somewhat fools the eye into thinking the watch is slightly bigger than it really is. I have been hoping for a very long time that IWC will make a new Mark series watch that is 42mm-44mm. Perhaps one day...

sell one to me!

• 3 weeks later...