When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Triton Dive- Got a bit pricy!

offshore

I spotted this watch a few days back on Ebay and marked it as worthy of a bid at maybe $200!

When I checked it a couple of days later, you can see where its at!

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1413

I suppose with the Jacques Cousteau background, and La Spirotechnique moniker, it was bound to be a bit collectable.

Interesting crown at 12.

Sort of Doxa type? Nanug?

Offshore

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Are you sure that wasn't sold by our infamous CrazySaleMan? Check out the syntax and spelling... I think it's HIM!

Here's a great description of the history of La Spirotechnique >>> US Divers and the Doxa link:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/la-spirotechnique-watches-1535.html

I know what you mean... as soon as Heuer was hyphenated, it all went down the drain.

I spent nearly 500 hours doing dive construction/demolition with an old regulator, not quite as old as the Mistral, that had a sticky mechanism. Sometimes I'd be working hard and suddenly the ball and spring would stick and I'd be sucking for air with everything I had. I finally grew a brain and some disassembly, cleaning and readjusting fixed it, and the next 500 hours were smooth as Miss Understood's butt.

The joys of "vintage" diving! :snorkel: