When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob PAM243L

unregistered

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

Wristie

IMG_5103.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

Thoughts

1) Heavy friggin watch!

2) Overall good quality feel. Nicely polished and brushed

3) Pearl though bulging in macros not noticeable on wrist

4) Brushed CP cap also not noticeable on the wrist

5) Great engraved caseback

6) I am a little dubious about the lume being C3 superlume. It dies off far too quick compared to C3. It is definitely better than rep lume but I don't think its C3

7) Lume color for hands match "12" and "6" but not the round hour markers. Mildly apparent.

8) Great stock rubber.

Overall, pretty pleased. Wears smaller and thicker than a Luminor Marina case. Great weekend watch. Love it on leather though I'm sure I will wear it on the rubber now and then.

• Like 1

Looks typical noob quality, very, very nice.

Comparing the pictures, the H factory version is really nice too, not shabby at all. It was so nice already it would not have been realistic to expect this to blow it out of the water.

Oh it's on, it's definitely on.

Edited by Jurgenk

I'll get a lume comparison shot up today.

stormtrooper: Its a bit of a conundrum this piece. From top down, it wears small because the dial is significantly smaller than a standard Luminor. But from the side, its a thick and heavy piece, sitting very tall. Weight wise, its at least 1.5x heavier than a standard Luminor. You will immediately notice the difference and this needs to be worn tight to prevent it flopping around.

How beautiful! Love it. I like the kevlar strap that puretime was selling with it too. This one will most likely end in my left wrist... Only way to actually send the 029 for a service!

I knew I was going to get hooked. And I am only starting to learn from all of you about how to improve reps. So happy!

I'll get a lume comparison shot up today.

stormtrooper: Its a bit of a conundrum this piece. From top down, it wears small because the dial is significantly smaller than a standard Luminor. But from the side, its a thick and heavy piece, sitting very tall. Weight wise, its at least 1.5x heavier than a standard Luminor. You will immediately notice the difference and this needs to be worn tight to prevent it flopping around.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't really thought about the dial being smaller , but now you say its pretty obvious. Top tip on keeping it tight, its a bit like my 312

As promised, lume comparison versus my Helson Sharkmaster meant to be lumed with pure C3. 1sec exposure, 3mins between shots.

IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5133.gif

I guess I may have been wrong on the 243 as the intensity degrades just as much as the Helson. Really surprised by that as on the wrist, it just didn't seem to feel as strong or last as long.

Edited by unregistered
  • Like 1

I have just had one of these in my hands. WOW . I thought DSN 24's crystal were a step up from what we had , but this one blows that out of the water, The DW is unbelievable through this mag. One thing that is hard to capture the quality of the bezel markers these also look really great . A great watch indeed , thanks for that lume shot and here i was saying my next watch must not be another PAM.......... HHHMMMMM

• 2 weeks later...