When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM submersible 47mm >? 187G or 305 ?

tgchrono2

the 187 is a great watch in is damn near perfect with a vac or Zig pearl mod and hand relume. Yes the inner taper of the CG is off by a butthair but it is damn accurate

The 305 has a myriad of innacuracies

187 with Vac Pearl mod and hand relume

2012-01-15_15-14-47_321-1.jpg

Overall they are both nice models OTB but the 305 does suffer some QC issues which you need to be aware of when you order.... However for quality the 187 wins hands down but does need some work to bring it to a decent standard in terms of the gen...

I have heard that we should soon see a new rep OP in house movement and some new auto 47s coming from the Noob.....

No issues with the movement so far. I have it either on the watch winder or wearing it since the day I got it almost 5 months ago! It's dead accurate too, only +3secs/day!!!

Thanks for the reply..good to hear that It's been running well since purchase.

Im looking foward to having one soon. I think it's one of the best looking rep/gen Pams available.

That strap also looks awesome on it...nice combo.

Mike

the only thing you have to be carefull with the 187 is the date pusher. DONT SCREW IT TOO HARD

i bought one when they first came out and i the first time i used the date pusher, i srewed it in too hard and it broke. sold the watch some weeks after that.

i bought another 187 from a member and received it 2 days ago, the previous owner never had a problem with the watch and it was perfect when i received it.

once again, after adjusting the date, i screwed the pusher in too hard and broke......again. :cc_hang:

the date pusher does not screw in like a crown would do, its hard to know if its completely screwed in, when you fell a little resistance, dont go further.

i dont blame the watch, i blame myself, i would probably break the gen too :fool:

Hey mike, i hope you dont have a rolex sub in your collection...... i would go for the 187, i think the rep is a better watch

Do you know what? Then 187 could be watch of the year. You are right, the new ultimate 187 is built

like a tank. Great Lume and lump color! ;)

MM

I have a 187 from Joshua and it's awesome. Granted, I'm entirely new to the rep game (not even a month in), but I can't wear this watch enough. I pretty much wear it daily, and I love the 47mm size as I'm a bigger guy (about 6'5"), so most watches look small on my watch. Haven't had any issues with the date pusher, but it's still early. It does feel like this thing is built like a tank.

the 187 is a great watch in is damn near perfect with a vac or Zig pearl mod and hand relume. Yes the inner taper of the CG is off by a butthair but it is damn accurate

The 305 has a myriad of innacuracies

187 with Vac Pearl mod and hand relume

2012-01-15_15-14-47_321-1.jpg

Yea but is that damn butthair that gets you called out everything :)

I say 187

Yea but is that damn butthair that gets you called out everything :)

I say 187

Um no

The inner taper of a CG is not going to get you called out.

305 > 187G

The CG completely kills it for me on the 187. Relume etc all can fix the other issues and my fear of the date pusher notwithstanding, that CG is downright wrong.

So far the pics barring QC issues, from the front looks pretty decent and passable as gen. Yes the hash tags are a little thin and the borders on the lume markers a little thick, but overall, it looks quality. I'd wait and pick up a v2 since this maker tends to do that quite a bit.

Overall they are both nice models OTB but the 305 does suffer some QC issues which you need to be aware of when you order.... However for quality the 187 wins hands down but does need some work to bring it to a decent standard in terms of the gen...

I have heard that we should soon see a new rep OP in house movement and some new auto 47s coming from the Noob.....

Ok, Pete, need to know more info or this you said didn´t exist!

the only thing that bothers me on 187 is the very ''busy'' dial & bezel....

I like chronographs . I liked better the Sylvester Stalone 47mm Submersible that was produced some years ago

If I remember correctly...the rep was pretty good. I wish they would bring It back.

Gen below.

Mike

post-19368-0-54908100-1327579696.jpg