When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland Pearl "glass" broke...advice needed...

hackR

i broke the glass on my skyland and am wondering if someone knows how the pearl is constructed to replace it...and what suggestions you may have for replacing it...

here's what i know...the pearl appears to be set in the rider tab from the outside/top of the bezel based on some pix i received from another member of the underside of the bezel...i have not attempted to take the bezel off...since the "glass" broke, i picked out the shards from the pearl socket...to my surprise, there's no fill of lume...i'm thinking that the glass is simply coated with lume from the underside, set in the bezel's recessed area and then the peal "ring" is applied over it...not sure, but that's my guess...

any knowledge of the pearl construction and/or how to replace it would be welcome...

figuring Z or others have re-lumed these pearls, so there has to be a simply way of it coming together...i don't want to try to pry the pearl "ring" off either...doing nothing until i understand it all...

thanks...R

H...I couldn't find a replacement, so I made my own. What I did is paint the hole white, not right to the top. Stuff the hole with lume and let it dry overnight. Fill up the hole with clear nail polish top coat. Also, ensure that the pearl is level prior to filling with top coat....

P1014838.jpg

P1014832.jpg

The top coat will dry clear and be smooth, but not as smooth as the glass of course.

The drawback...you have to ask a sales lady where you would find top coat nail polish and have to withstand their instantanoeus giggling!

@chi...you rock!...great idea...i'm glad i posted this...

already known in the cosmetic aisle...another member sent me to get a small nail polish brish for fine touchup...never found it...but made their day... :)

can you shoot a macro of the finished pearl...looks great!