When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

390 eye candy...

projectologist

im sold. im picking up a 390 next. and im picking up an ass strap too along with it. congrats!

+1

Just placed an order with the TD for the 390

Also placed an order for the ass strap with the AD :D

these pics are too much to take

I use normal leather treatment cream. Like Lexol.

Rub it in with a cloth and let it sit. You want it to soak in and change the look of the strap.

Check out the Automotive store in your area. If you're out in the countryside then check out tack and harness treatment creams

Every piece of leather is different, so your results can and probably will vary from mine, but you can see in this photo I took a moment ago, that the leather conditioning cream has taken the flat, uniform surface of the strap and added many areas of darker "freckles" .. and at least my Wife thinks it looks a lot less "plastic" in her words.

post-22602-0-49357900-1328047400.jpg

Yeah that is what I mean. H fac has a reputation of having CG's that have gaps between the casing.

Noobs too... it's always been hit and miss with reps (I've even had gens that if you held them up to a strong light source, you could see a faint gap under one of the feet). But the QC appears to be getting better or I've been lucky lately.

I have never seen Panerai straps made smaller then their standard size. They are too long for me, I always have to have them custom made. I guess even if I buy a Gen I could never use the straps.

By the way, going back to 390. More I look at it and all the tiny, tiny details I see that this turns out to be very likely the closest to the Gen model ever made.

I would also recommend this strap for 390

http://www.manifattu...cat/50/idart/76

I have 2 of them, the first one I ordered back in 2005 when they first released that strap model, it is holding up really, really well. Their quality is amazing. They still smell brand new :-) The leather they use is top notch quality. When I compared these with my friend's Gen staps, the Gen straps just felt cheap... again this is my personal opinion but I'm really picky as well.

Of course there is many other amazing strap makers to choose from.

Edited by lfovco