When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Total NooB question

ThePimp

Hi,

I have only got one Rep atm which is my beloved B&R 01-94 from Joshua. I have just placed another order with him for a Pam 237H V2 and await delivery to the UK.

My noob question is that, I can obviously only wear one watch at a time so with both these having 7750 movements in them, one is going to loose all its energy. Are these movements OK to put away in a watch box unwound or does the movement perform/last longer constantly on the go?

Thanks

PS. Just thought ide add a piccy of my first Rep :)

post-41162-0-15822200-1327673240.jpg

These watches should have a 40 hour power reserve. You could easily alternate watches on a daily basis and they would both remain wound.

To answer your question, there is no harm in leaving a watch unwound. The oil in a watch slowly evaporates and becomes gummy wether you use it or not.

8 hours implies you take the watch off at night and always have to reset it the next morning. If that is the case than your movement needs a service. Next time you take the watch off for the night give it a full wind and leave it running to see how long it lasts. Don't forget to check the date when you do so if you forget to look for a few days you will know whether the power reserve is 8 or 32 hours. ;)

Thanks for the input gents, I think its probably my work life / social life. I do sit at a desk from 7am to 6pm and most nights chill'in on the sofa.

I will give it a good wind up tonight before bed and see how long we get. Back to my 52mm Invicta tomorrow then :pimp:

Thanks for the input gents, I think its probably my work life / social life. I do sit at a desk from 7am to 6pm and most nights chill'in on the sofa.

I will give it a good wind up tonight before bed and see how long we get. Back to my 52mm Invicta tomorrow then :pimp:

"Back to my Invicta tomorrow then" Why not...there both made in the same place.;)

Mike

JKay, How many winds manually would you recommend. I have read in the forums (from old) that it is ill advised to hand wind a 7750?

I did not realise the Invicta was an Asian jobby. I do love it though, Its like wearing a 10Kg weight on your left arm........more exercise than that wrist ever gets :pimp:

The standard suggestion is 40 winds to full power .. when you get to 30 take it easy and pay attention for that "hey I am full!" feeling.

Manual watches will stop you from turning when they are done. Automatic watches let the mainspring slip after they are full so you won't reach a "stop" ...

Thanks Jkay, I have done 50 half winds about 7 hours ago and its still holding time. Its bed time here in the UK, so it will be intersting to see what time it gives up the ghost.

Thanks for the help peeps......fingers crossed my 7750 isnt a duffer.

maxman.....my Invicta has not missed a beat in 18 months, buy its a quartz chunck.

From 40+ LCD & LED watches, + half a dozzen Gens and my B&R Rep, My Invicta is still my fav.......You have to love the bling of a 52mm lump of stainless :pimp:

I was just joking...hence the ;)

Although Invictas are not a favorite watch..I do have a quartz Bolt that has been without issues for about three years.

But dont tell anyone. :victory:

Mike

post-19368-0-44614800-1327797042.jpg

Actually, it is usually recommended that you do not wind a7750 by the crown, because it puts unnecessary wear on the gears. Just shake it a few times before putting it on your rest to get it going.

Many of us- probably a good majority have many watches, there are some watches that will go for months between wearing. They are very happy chilling in a watch box.

Don't worry about flaws, date window or otherwise. No one in your office will care if your wearing a 40,000 patek or 25$ seiko.

Finding enjoyment in the world we live in vs. The world we wish for is Key for a happy existence