When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC 93250 Bracelet V2

tc670207

I want to introduce to you one of my latest findings during my CNY visits. I call it TC 93250 Bracelet V2.

I had a dinner with TC Submariner watchcase maker and his family. A lot of alcohol was consumed, a lot of red envelops were given to the children, and I asked him to refer a good bracelet maker so my TC Submariner would look better. A bracelet maker that his product is better than TC 92350 V1 maker.

Let's first review how gen SEL looks when fitted on gen watchcase. Notice there is no gap or play between the SEL and the case lugs.

genselfitment01.jpg

The gen SEL sits just a tiny bit lower than the lugs surface. Note these pictures are taken from macro lenses. In reality, the height difference is very, very hard to notice.

genselfitment02.jpg

genselfitment03.jpg

This is gen mid link curve that chefcook pointed out a very important gen feature most rep bracelet makers ignored or just can't make.

genselfitment04.jpg

Let's take a look at gen SEL finish.

gensel01.jpg

gensel03.jpg

Then the gen engravings within the trench of the SEL:

gensel02.jpg

I met the V2 bracelet maker the next day. I'll just call him TC 93250 V2 maker.

Let's see TC 93250 V2's end link and its engraving. The construction is right, but it looks like it is a little bit thicker than gen.

The laser engraving fonts and placing looks right, but it is like the laser output was turned too high it actually burnt the steel surface. Nonetheless V2 quality appears to be better than V1.

tc93250v216.jpg

tc93250v217.jpg

Let's then check polishing job on the edge of the bracelet I mentioned lack on V1: It still has very sharp edge on surface side.

tc93250v218.jpg

Here on the reverse side, the edges is slightly polished. A good sign of a well made bracelet.

tc93250v219.jpg

I want to check how TC 93250 V2 Bracelet fits on the watchcase. Here's the fitment on TC Sub m-series:

tc93250v2withmseries01.jpg

tc93250v2withmseries02.jpg

tc93250v2withmseries03.jpg

It looks very good! Let's check the 12 o'clock side, this is still with the m-series case:

tc93250v2withmseries04.jpg

tc93250v2withmseries05.jpg

tc93250v2withmseries06.jpg

Notice TC 93250 V2's SEL sits just a tad higher on the m-series case than gen.

Now let's take a look at how V2's SEL fits on TC Sub v-series case:

tc93250v2withvseries01.jpg

tc93250v2withvseries02.jpg

tc93250v2withvseries03.jpg

tc93250v2withvseries04.jpg

tc93250v2withvseries05.jpg

V2's SEL sits at exactly the same height as gen does on v-series, as if V2's SEL is made matched to v-series case.

The clasp has slightly better polishing than V1. Note the V1 clasp is already good enough. The edges of safety buckle and clasp are mirror polished they are brighter, smoother than my gen clasp. Pictures of TC 93250 V2 clasp are available in my TC Submariner 16610 M-Series post.

V2 clasp operates smoothly and firmly with no play at all when opening and closing it. This is a unique feature only brand new gen clasp has. Over the time I have read on forums how good the quality legendary BK/wm9/wm10/TW Sub is. The thing surprised me is that the V2 engravings on the clasp matches the legendary BK/wm9/wm10/TW clasp from coolchu's review. Same DE6 initial and SWISS MADE without space between the two words.

Did I just find the holy grail? I don't know. There are thousands of bracelet makers in GD province and I have only visited 1/10th of them.

Now back to specs, width of TC 93250 V2 SEL is 20.13 mm. Length from lug to lug of TC Submariner Watchcase is 20.17 mm. There is still 0.04 mm gap in total, that is, 0.02 mm gap on each side. Gen's tolerance is only 0.01 mm in total, that is 0.005 mm on each side.

In conclusion, TC 93250 V2 Bracelet is an upgrade rather than the final solution in my pursuit of the perfect Submariner.

In terms of cost, the V2 bracelet maker didn't take my business directly because I could not fulfill his minimum order requirement so I was directed to his sales rep in GZ market. That guy asked $60 per piece. I pointed out so many details I don't like about, some I made up though, then we close the deal at $39. That's one thing I like doing business with Chinese, they take dollars!

A side note, people are wrong about dealers in GZ market don't open for business during CNY. In fact, Jan 5 in Lunar Calendar is one of their major business day of the year they call it "Spring Gathering". Dealers from all around China, South East Asia, and Russia gathered on that day and make major trades of the year. Once deal is made, gourmet food, alcohol, girls, and unthinkable games are on the table. But it is invitation only. Sorry, no pics here, those are rated R.

Thanks for reading

TC

Hi TC,

first of all thanks for your efforts!

One thing you should ask you suppliers for is not to over-brush the end links.

See how sharp the edges on the gen end link are:

gensel01.jpg

And on the rep the sides are much more rounded:

tc93250v216.jpg

Even if the end links would be a tad wider to receive the same tolerances as on the gen it would not look right with those rounded edges. The rounded edges add a lot to the impression of bad end link fitment and it really is extremely important to have the edges as sharp as possible.

If there is anything I can do to help you with the project let me know...

• Like 1

I agree with Chefcook the middle link of the SEL must have sharp edges not rounded.

Yes the one piece construction is a step forward for shure.

Shape looks good and also the fitting is nice.

Thanks for your effort on this again.

Edited by Tribal

I agree with Chefcook the middle link of the SEL must have sharp edges not rounded.

Yes the one piece construction is a step forward for shure.

Shape looks good and also the fitting is nice.

Thanks for your effort on this again.

Not only the middle link must be sharper, also the outer edges that go against the case lugs.